Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

external sound coming from driver rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm. That could certainly be wheel bearing. Not saying it for sure is, but very possibly. I’d take it to a mechanic and see if they agree. You could take it to Tesla but they’d likely charge more for diagnosis. Either way, it shouldn’t be too hard to diagnose. The second video it’s really obvious.

Let us know the result!
I scheduled with Tesla service and took the car in 12/28... my service manager is great, she asked if I wanted to ride with a tech to have them hear the sound...I told her, no need, they'll hear it as soon as they get in... She knew it was a humming sound. They replaced the hub and no more noise... all good again.

Since it was in the shop I also replaced the passenger tail light unit (didn't want to get pulled over for partial brake light / no reverse light)...

Now the only thing I have left is to fix the steering wheel scroll for volume....($300 quoted by Tesla, just not sure I want to spend that right now)

Reactions: WilliamG
I scheduled with Tesla service and took the car in 12/28... my service manager is great, she asked if I wanted to ride with a tech to have them hear the sound...I told her, no need, they'll hear it as soon as they get in... She knew it was a humming sound. They replaced the hub and no more noise... all good again.

Since it was in the shop I also replaced the passenger tail light unit (didn't want to get pulled over for partial brake light / no reverse light)...

Now the only thing I have left is to fix the steering wheel scroll for volume....($300 quoted by Tesla, just not sure I want to spend that right now)
Glad to hear it was sorted easily!