Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extremely loud lock sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having this or seen it before?

Pre to post software update my lock sounds are more than twice as loud. Like ear splitting loud.
Tried to contact service and they said theres no volume control.. only on or off.
I had to turn it off, the quack and honk will make you jump out of your shoes.

Anyone else having this or seen it before?

Pre to post software update my lock sounds are more than twice as loud. Like ear splitting loud.
Tried to contact service and they said theres no volume control.. only on or off.
I had to turn it off, the quack and honk will make you jump out of your shoes.
I use a custom lock sound and YES, mine is also a lot louder than it used to be prior to the last update (don't recall the version, but got another update today 2024.20.1 and haven't driven yet)). Previously I adjusted the volume through software here MP3Louder prior to loading.

Which software release does your car have?

To be sure, the problem is with the lock sound played on the external (PWS) speaker when locking the car, rather than the lock sound played on the internal speakers when selecting a lock sound? The latter might be affected by Joe Mode on/off. The former shouldn't, but bugs happen.

Do try the 2-thumb reboot if you haven't already. It's a useful practice to do that after every software update since it often fixes idiosyncratic problems and an occasional lost profile setting, at least in the past.

Last resort: Open a lock sound into Audacity, select-all, use the Effect > Amplify command to adjust the volume, then Export As a .wav file. Then load the sound onto a USB flash drive or SSD and select it as the lock sound.

I recently got 2024.14.9 from 2024.3.25 And have noticed that my custom lock sound of a double chirp has disappeared and that I can no longer do anything to change the lock sound from Toybox->Boombox, where I see a selected lock sound. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit the setting. I liked my double chirp. I've also noticed quite a few discrepancies between my menu options and screen displays and the ones shown in notateslaapp.com

I recently got 2024.14.9 from 2024.3.25 And have noticed that my custom lock sound of a double chirp has disappeared and that I can no longer do anything to change the lock sound from Toybox->Boombox, where I see a selected lock sound. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit the setting. I liked my double chirp. I've also noticed quite a few discrepancies between my menu options and screen displays and the ones shown in notateslaapp.com
Have you rebooted the infotainment system since the software update? That's a useful practice since (at least in past years) some features and settings can get munged by a software update, and rebooting often fixes them.

Please say more about the discrepancies in the displayed options.