Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed update, now no cellular connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up the car this morning (albeit a few issues will need to be corrected) it was running great.
Upon pickup there was an alarm clock icon for the software uodate. When the update ran this evening I received a notification that it failed on my phone. I went out to the car to see of the screen had any more info and I basically saw the same failure message and to wait for another pushed update.

The big problem is that cellular connection was gone. Previously at my house it was full bars of LTE so this was surprising. I turned the car on to see if starting it would help but no dice.
Has anyone seen this? Also, I can't figure out which update failed, I'm on 2018.42.1.2 now.

Just picked up the car this morning (albeit a few issues will need to be corrected) it was running great.
Upon pickup there was an alarm clock icon for the software uodate. When the update ran this evening I received a notification that it failed on my phone. I went out to the car to see of the screen had any more info and I basically saw the same failure message and to wait for another pushed update.

The big problem is that cellular connection was gone. Previously at my house it was full bars of LTE so this was surprising. I turned the car on to see if starting it would help but no dice.
Has anyone seen this? Also, I can't figure out which update failed, I'm on 2018.42.1.2 now.
Congrats on your 3. Sorry to hear of your starting bumps.

I’ve had failed updates twice on our 3, none breaking cellular though. First time was in January, and had to manually be pushed again, second was a few weeks ago to go to 42.1 and required engineering to remotely format storage as part of the update script. Both were successfully recovered just fine.

Couple of things to try quickly:
1] reset the car. Parked and with foot on brake, press both thumbwheel buttons simultaneously until screen goes black and then let go of thumbwheels when Tesla T symbol appears. Hopefully lte connects within a minute.
2) if this doesn5bwork, try and connect via WiFi
After you’re connected phone your service center, describe your issues and ask them to diagnose.

Good luck, and hope this helps