Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair price for used 22” onyx wheels for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NHK X

Nov 18, 2017
Texas
Hi all, would like some suggestions on listing price for used 22” black/onyx wheels for the model X. I’m getting a new set through the referral program and debating selling or keeping them as spares in my garage.

Condition: 3/4 wheels have at least 2-3 inch segment of curb rash. Otherwise will clean before sale. Even debating paying to have the curb rash fixed if that’s beneficial to the sale cost. Tires are Pirelli P Zero All weathers, last Tesla appt tread depth was about 5, and even wear.

Suggestions for a fair value to place these on sale locally would be much appreciated. I’m ballparking around $1,000. Do you recommend having the curb rash fixed or selling as is?

Sorry I think people are mistaking this as an ad for sale. Was wanting some input on what people would be willing to pay for a set of used wheels. If I decide to sell will be selling local. And based on the number of PMs received likely won’t be selling for 1k. I think my question was answered in an indirect way.

If I decide to sell will repost along with photos and the sale price.

Sorry I think people are mistaking this as an ad for sale. Was wanting some input on what people would be willing to pay for a set of used wheels. If I decide to sell will be selling local. And based on the number of PMs received likely won’t be selling for 1k. I think my question was answered in an indirect way.

If I decide to sell will repost along with photos and the sale price.
Oh, people are crazy to assume a post in the “parts for sale" section was for parts for sale, what will they think of next:rolleyes:

Hi all, would like some suggestions on listing price for used 22” black/onyx wheels for the model X. I’m getting a new set through the referral program and debating selling or keeping them as spares in my garage.

Condition: 3/4 wheels have at least 2-3 inch segment of curb rash. Otherwise will clean before sale. Even debating paying to have the curb rash fixed if that’s beneficial to the sale cost. Tires are Pirelli P Zero All weathers, last Tesla appt tread depth was about 5, and even wear.

Suggestions for a fair value to place these on sale locally would be much appreciated. I’m ballparking around $1,000. Do you recommend having the curb rash fixed or selling as is?

Probably a little less. Curbrashed wheels only(no tires or TPMS) would go for around $750-$900. New referral sets with tires/tpms/wheels sell for $3000-$3200.

Probably a little less. Curbrashed wheels only(no tires or TPMS) would go for around $750-$900. New referral sets with tires/tpms/wheels sell for $3000-$3200.

Cool these will include tires as well (albeit used), and should have TPMS. Not too familiar with how that works, if I’m getting a brand new set those come with TPMS as well? So I can sell these with the old TPMS and tires?

Thanks for the info, super helpful. Interesting that I’ve gotten multiple offers at the ballpark 1k price already. Some have offered to pay for shipping on top of that.

I would refinish and save them for spares, sell them with your X when you sell it.

WheelKraft in Vancouver will refinish them for around $125, just tell them Tesla gave you their number. They will come to you or work or house.

Fantastic info. I go to PDX often, if I go that route will definitely stop by with them. I’ve used a place before in Tacoma that charged 300 a wheel.

Cool these will include tires as well (albeit used), and should have TPMS. Not too familiar with how that works, if I’m getting a brand new set those come with TPMS as well? So I can sell these with the old TPMS and tires?

Thanks for the info, super helpful. Interesting that I’ve gotten multiple offers at the ballpark 1k price already. Some have offered to pay for shipping on top of that.
Referral wheels come with tires and TPMS.

PS: lowest I’ve seen for brand new referral set was $3500 if that helps with your pricing. I think ~1k sounds right for the condition of yours .

Referral wheels come with tires and TPMS.

PS: lowest I’ve seen for brand new referral set was $3500 if that helps with your pricing. I think ~1k sounds right for the condition of yours .

They’ve gone lower. But the end of the referral program has these going back up.

As for the rims, used rims only usually sell for $250/piece by private sellers and $350/piece by junkers on the low end. A 2-3 gash is pretty significant, but with tires (even 5/32) should net you more than $1500. If you have a set of 20s, sell them. If not, I vote for keep for spares.

They’ve gone lower. But the end of the referral program has these going back up.

As for the rims, used rims only usually sell for $250/piece by private sellers and $350/piece by junkers on the low end. A 2-3 gash is pretty significant, but with tires (even 5/32) should net you more than $1500. If you have a set of 20s, sell them. If not, I vote for keep for spares.

Thanks for the info. At this point likely to keep as spares. Just got my fresh set of 22”. : )