Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy to Launch Next Month, Musk Says He's Sending His Roadster to Mars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's apparently taking ideas for things to send with it. I'm waging a campaign to send a small china teapot with the word "RUSSELL" written on it, to solve this dang issue once and for all ;)

Really, this whole situation is hilarious. He could get an insurance company to make a special insurance plan for it for PR. Insured against collision with spacecraft. No mileage limits. Capture by alien spacecraft deemed to be an act of god. Etc. ;) Or his insurance could declare it a writeoff. Can you imagine the Carfax report? "Damage: 1) HV battery, 12V battery, and all fluids missing. 2) Structural beams welded to delicate components 3) Vehicle endured heavy vibrational and G loads 4) Vehicle exposed to temperatures between -140°C and 180°C 5) Vehicle exposed to unusual weather conditions (complete absense of weather)." Or imagine if someone tapes a photo of the license plate over their car's plate and speeds past a traffic camera, causing Elon to get a traffic citation. Easiest Citation To Get Dismissed Ever. Unless of course he changed the registration address for the vehicle, in which the postal service is going to be in for quite the bit of confusion when it comes time to deliver it ;)

Anyway, as I wrote over on the Model 3 forum: Thank you, Elon, for making life more like living in a cartoon. ;) Seriously... what's next, testing a new rentry system by landing a flaming bag of dog poo on Bezos's doorstep? Dropping an anvil on a roadrunner? ;)

I have always dreamed to have what EM have now, but more than that, I feel strongly about sharing his abilities to see beyond where many can even dream off. I would rather ask EM that instead to send his Roaster outa space, auction it and use the proceeds for UNICEF hunger program in Congo.

For the payload to the Big F-ing Rocket, put a copy of all the Hillary emails in space, that way someone out there can read what the heck is happening in the USA.

The point here is about being original, and still use all resources appropriately instead of wasting such costly vehicle. And if he wants to advertise Tesla vehicles to the aliens, then make a copy of it in wood, or use the one made as a prototype molding.

The point here is about being original, and still use all resources appropriately instead of wasting such costly vehicle.
It’s Elon’s car so he can do whatever he wants with hit. And I would say that using a Roadster as a rocket payload is pretty damn “original”.

I’m pretty sure his objective is not to advertise Tesla to “aliens”.

Reactions: e-FTW
Yeah, it's possible. I think one of his great abilities that have made him successful and I am guessing here is to catch on the fly information that is appropriate for what he is working on. I will do the same. I once, for instance, told my ex about this new system of transportation very similar to what we use at the window of a bank to send or receive the money to the teller. At that time I figured, making such system would not have been possible. I am talking about in 1998 while traveling to Orlando Florida for the New Year vacation. At the time I worked for Microsoft and was studying internetworking and AS systems for BGP and it is quite a challenge to make it work. Well, assuming again, EM dreamed somehow the same thing in the new century and started the new venture. I feel good someone now can make it happen. I feel sad, not been able to take part in it.

It’s Elon’s car so he can do whatever he wants with hit. And I would say that using a Roadster as a rocket payload is pretty damn “original”.

I’m pretty sure his objective is not to advertise Tesla to “aliens”.

Easy pal, my comment is a friendly one. Indeed he can do whatever he wants with his car, even give it away or put it in a rocket. Learn to discern the message implied in it. We are now talking about a resource economy as a means to save us from ending living on a deserted planet because we used all its available resources. Too much waste, too much abuse. Tesla is, in my opinion, a pioneer on the new paradigm for the planet. So, we are on the same planet, regardless our checking account. Low the tone, vibrate more harmonious, practice Chi and will see how things start to work for you not against you.