Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fast battery drain - what’s happening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 90d that had really fast battery drain today. 39% to 33% while parked in garage for 6 hrs. Then 27% to 22% while parked outside at around 75 degrees.

Any ideas what would be causing this?
There are approximately eleventy billion threads on this so I’d start with one of those. But to boil it down to the basics:

Sentry mode
Summon standby
Cabin overheat protection
Third party apps

… in that order.

Confirm that all of those things are disabled before passing go and collecting $200.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don’t have sentry mode active, don’t have summon on my car, don’t have cabin overhead protection on, and no third party apps installed.

I think my alarm is because it’s unusual - has never drained that fast before. I’m okay and expected a certain amount of phantom drain (up to 2-3% overnight or 5% in a full day) but this was puzzling/alarming.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don’t have sentry mode active, don’t have summon on my car, don’t have cabin overhead protection on, and no third party apps installed.

I think my alarm is because it’s unusual - has never drained that fast before. I’m okay and expected a certain amount of phantom drain (up to 2-3% overnight or 5% in a full day) but this was puzzling/alarming.
Hi
So did you found out why caused it? did u get it fix?
Thanks

Hi
So did you found out why caused it? did u get it fix?
Thanks
Yes, it's likely because the 12V battery was low (even though I didn't get an alert for a long time). I finally got a alert that my 12V battery needed to be replaced at the end of last year (2023).

The tech said that the humming was the car keeping the systems running because the 12V battery was low resulting in the higher phantom drain.

After they changed the battery, I stopped hearing the humming all the time and the phantom drain reduced (sometimes better than other times, but generally less than before).