Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fault tracing for PTC Heater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a salvaged Model S. I have a warning on the dash that the heater is not available. The service center did a few things on my car before telling me they were not going to provide any support for my car as the title is not clean. The service tech did tell me that he thought it may just be a bad PTC Heater, so I replaced the PTC Heater. I have already replaced the two fuses in the junction box. I had the firmware redeployed and it hangs up on the PTC Heater and will not go any further. Meaning, the car is not communicating with the PTC Heater. I am not good at electrical fault tracing. What are my next steps to diagnosing this issue?

how are you deploying the firmware ?
If you go on Telegram and look for Taras Sorokivskyi. He can gain access to your car remotely using linux. You will need the cable and give him access to your laptop. He can then open it up and redeploy the firmware for a small fee. Nice guy, but fairly busy. There are also folks around here who can do it. If you have a laptop running linux, the cable and some programming knowhow or a friend who programs in Linux, I am told it is not super hard.