Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ptc heater not heating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My heater stopped blowing warm air two weeks ago on my 2020 model 3+ i have attached service fault screen, its due for service centre visit next week told the cost of PTC heater replacement is ~€800 but last night I received an OTA update 2024.8.9 that has solved the issue it now working fine. Hope this might be helpful to some.

Attachments

• IMG_2778.jpeg
    IMG_2778.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 8
This is definitely giving me hope.

I have a 2020 Model 3 SR+ and after updating to 2024.3.10 I immediately got the exact same two errors you have and Tesla wants $1400 CAD for the fix. I think I'll just wait for the next update.

Really?? I can't believe the update solved the issue. I just got the 2 exact same codes as you have and my heater stopped working 2 days ago on my 2019 M3P, 26k miles. I did a hard reboot (disconnected battery terminal, unplugged under-seat connector) and the codes were cleared. Then I turned on the heater and got no heat for 2 minutes... went into service mode and saw that I got those same 2 codes thrown again right away. I made a service appt but I'd love to see an update clear this up! My last update was 19 days ago to 2024.8.9. I doubt a future update will clear this up for me, but that would be nice!

Really?? I can't believe the update solved the issue. I just got the 2 exact same codes as you have and my heater stopped working 2 days ago on my 2019 M3P, 26k miles. I did a hard reboot (disconnected battery terminal, unplugged under-seat connector) and the codes were cleared. Then I turned on the heater and got no heat for 2 minutes... went into service mode and saw that I got those same 2 codes thrown again right away. I made a service appt but I'd love to see an update clear this up! My last update was 19 days ago to 2024.8.9. I doubt a future update will clear this up for me, but that would be nice!
Is it possible to call Tesla and ask them to reinstall the last update again to your car and see if that works remotely?