Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request: Automatically Lock Doors with Easy Entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Example: You leave work and get in your car. You type a quick text or check your phone. While on your phone or just sitting inside the car you may have poor situational awareness. Someone could try to gain entry to the unlocked car while you sit there inside.

On our current car, the door lock button is right by the door handle. When you enter the car, it was easy to lock the doors to prevent exterior access. Now I have to lean over and tap the lock button on the touch screen. Not hard to do, but certainly not as convenient.

It would be nice to see a toggle button on the easy entry feature that when you enter the car and press the brake pedal, the doors auto lock. Currently I get in and press the brake and the seat and steering wheel move into position. It would be nice if the doors locked as well during this time.

Who else thinks this is a good idea, or am I missing a similar feature already programmed into the car?

This happened to me just now. I got in my car, 8pm in a fine area of SF. Went through some text messages. A lurking homeless man staggered toward my car, attempted to open the car door, but was unable to do so simply because the doors are uncoventional. Instead he slammed his fist against the window.

Auto lock is an important safety feature, and by the way standard in many conventional cars of a similar stature.

This happened to me just now. I got in my car, 8pm in a fine area of SF. Went through some text messages. A lurking homeless man staggered toward my car, attempted to open the car door, but was unable to do so simply because the doors are uncoventional. Instead he slammed his fist against the window.

Auto lock is an important safety feature, and by the way standard in many conventional cars of a similar stature.

The model 3 has auto lock and like most cars it locks when you start moving. Presumably this is so the car doesn't lock before all of your passengers have a chance to get in.

The model 3 has auto lock and like most cars it locks when you start moving. Presumably this is so the car doesn't lock before all of your passengers have a chance to get in.

The current way the doors lock make perfect sense. The feature request would be a toggle switch. Auto lock when driving (to prevent locking passengers out) or auto lock when foot is put on brake pedal and driver settings and seat settings are loaded. It could be easily tied into the driver profile.

Reactions: 03DSG