Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback on top bar menu design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, some feedback on your top bar.

It seems that the website has so many categories and sub-categories that the top bar has taken on a "menus on top of menus" design.

The reason this is problematic is that people often switch to their TMC browser tab (which is physically above the webpage) and then mouse-down to click on New Posts. At least, this is my use-model.

The problem with moving the mouse down from the browser tab to New Posts is that it crosses over one of the top flyout menus first. This opens a menu that hides the New Posts element.

As a result, I've taken to blocking all top menu items that contain dropdown items. My TMC page looks as follows.

upload_2018-7-31_11-53-19.png

This is fine for me, but I need to do it on every computer I use. :) Still fine, but many others are not aware of this option.

So, as a suggestion, you might want to turn those top menu dropdown lists into "buttons" that make the second-level contain that list. Or move them to a hamburger menu off to the side. Or remove them entirely. Cheers.