Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone

I am new to this forum, and I am looking forward, to finance a Tesla mode 3 actually I have a few questions related to financing, if any one can help will be very thankful

It will be my first auto loan, and I can put around 8k in down payment, what all info does they require from me during financing, I am currently on a temporary status living in Canada for the past 5 years. Do they require Sin number as well, because one of the dealer said it’s an isn’t decline if I give my SIN therefore they don’t provide it to the bank.

looking forward for you answers

Thanks.

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum, and I am looking forward, to finance a Tesla mode 3 actually I have a few questions related to financing, if any one can help will be very thankful

It will be my first auto loan, and I can put around 8k in down payment, what all info does they require from me during financing, I am currently on a temporary status living in Canada for the past 5 years. Do they require Sin number as well, because one of the dealer said it’s an isn’t decline if I give my SIN therefore they don’t provide it to the bank.

looking forward for you answers

Thanks.

I applied for financing with Tesla in May 2019 when I was on a work permit here (before I got my PR), and was denied by both banks. In fact, not denied but rather approved for a loan for the duration of my work permit (about one year), but the monthly payment was just too high for me. When I became a PR and got a permanent SIN, it was approved immediately for 96 months, as requested.

Quick question -
When I was filling out the loan application through Tesla finance, is there an option to have my partner co-sign before we submit.

It won't let edit to add a second resigster to the account. Where I added my driver's license info etc

Has anyone had experience getting Scotia to change payments to bi-weekly? Tesla just told me they can only initially set up the loan for me as monthly which is a headache for me to budget for because I get paid bi-weekly.

They said it should "not be a problem" for me to call them and have it done once the paperwork is all done, but looking for real world experience from someone.

looking to buy Model 3 Standard Plus ($55,990) on loan @ 96 months (thru Tesla financing); two questions...

1) does federal $5,000 incentive apply for loan purchases? If so, when is applied (to down payment)?
2) how is payment method for monthly load payments setup? via same payment method as initial online payment made during online order? I take that is setup online on Tesla website during loan approval?

looking to buy Model 3 Standard Plus ($55,990) on loan @ 96 months (thru Tesla financing); two questions...

1) does federal $5,000 incentive apply for loan purchases? If so, when is applied (to down payment)?
2) how is payment method for monthly load payments setup? via same payment method as initial online payment made during online order? I take that is setup online on Tesla website during loan approval?
5,000 is taken after tax and isn’t something you need to worry about. It’s applied.

how you pay will be set up via the approved lender after you pickup the car. That includes what bank account and how often the payments are made.