Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[email protected]

I gave my RN# and what was quoted on the web and asked if there would be any better offers from Scotia or RBC.
Thank you for your quick response, will send them an email. I really missed my 1st approved rate back in February when I first placed the order, a shocking 2.78%! If I knew the rates would come to this state today I would had order a performance instead to took delivery way earlier, the gaps of interest would've been paid off for the price difference already sigh....

Reactions: taurusvega
Thank you for your quick response, will send them an email. I really missed my 1st approved rate back in February when I first placed the order, a shocking 2.78%! If I knew the rates would come to this state today I would had order a performance instead to took delivery way earlier, the gaps of interest would've been paid off for the price difference already sigh....
Yeah that's one way to look at it. For me I ordered November a few weeks before the M3 RWD became ineligible for the $5000 fed rebate, so I've been committed to keeping the order as is. Instead I've been fairly aggressively saving the last ~10 months, so I'm making a rather large downpayment which will offset the higher rate. Also my trade in value is way up from when it was first quoted.

Which brings up something else that's just crossed my mind. My EDD is currently Sept 11-15, but today I got a VIN and the text saying it has left the factory. I'm with Tangerine, so to get a bank draft looks to take upto 3 business days. Is there any chance the car will arrive over the long weekend and I'll be stuck not getting the bank draft in time? From what I've read once the car is there/ready they only give you 3 days to schedule it.

Yeah that's one way to look at it. For me I ordered November a few weeks before the M3 RWD became ineligible for the $5000 fed rebate, so I've been committed to keeping the order as is. Instead I've been fairly aggressively saving the last ~10 months, so I'm making a rather large downpayment which will offset the higher rate. Also my trade in value is way up from when it was first quoted.

Which brings up something else that's just crossed my mind. My EDD is currently Sept 11-15, but today I got a VIN and the text saying it has left the factory. I'm with Tangerine, so to get a bank draft looks to take upto 3 business days. Is there any chance the car will arrive over the long weekend and I'll be stuck not getting the bank draft in time? From what I've read once the car is there/ready they only give you 3 days to schedule it.
There's no need to wait for the signal from Tesla to prepare the bank draft, the required payment figure is already written on your account, get the bank draft now and just bring it on the day of delivery!

No kidding eh. Crazy how much the rates have changed since ordering.

Definitely do it tomorrow, in the past Tesla updated rates on the 1st of the month and since BOC is anticipated to increase 0.75% again on Sept 7th they might pre-emptively increase. The approval was almost instant initially and then the email reply was under 30 mins, very speedy I must say.
Ya that's why I was doing it today, 31st. Try and cover 3 months sorta as per TSA. My Y is Oct 3-Nov 3 so hoping timing with sell of my 3 works out.

Not quite sure when to post it as I don't want to be without a vehicle. I specified it in my ad just haven't posted it in case of eager buyer.

Got 5.66 as expected.

Screen-Shot-2022-08-31-at-9-05-02-AM.png

Not though Tesla. Honda,Toyota,bmw etc work with their financial service so they approve auto loans to promote their cars.

Tesla in canada doesn’t have their financial service and work with Rbc,bmo and Scotia.
I understand, but all these financing are approved through the new comers program. All RBC, BMO and Scotia has this program and has listed Tesla as a dealership in the program.

Ugh, why does Tesla provide the lowest Trade-in amount out of every other place.....

The tax savings on the shitty trade in offered kinda makes up for it but man, they're like 5-6 grand lower than most I've gotten from and I mean dealerships !!

ie:
Shift - 72,000
Clutch - 71,000
Honda Dealer - 74,000
Tesla- 66,000

But again, tax savings that 66,000 turns into 75ish

Ugh, why does Tesla provide the lowest Trade-in amount out of every other place.....

The tax savings on the shitty trade in offered kinda makes up for it but man, they're like 5-6 grand lower than most I've gotten from and I mean dealerships !!

ie:
Shift - 72,000
Clutch - 71,000
Honda Dealer - 74,000
Tesla- 66,000

But again, tax savings that 66,000 turns into 75ish
And they list 2019 M3LR with 93,000 km for 82 k.

Attachments

• F9095946-1392-49DD-A953-9160AC210336.png
    F9095946-1392-49DD-A953-9160AC210336.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 144