Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding "hidden" Supercharger location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is interesting to compare the information given by Tesla "FindUs" and "PlugShare":
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tesla.com Findus - Savannah, GA Supercharger
Savannah, GA Supercharger
Savannah/ Hilton Head International Airport
400 Airways Avenue
Savannah, GA 31408

Roadside Assistance: (877) 798-3752
Charging: 6 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 120kW
Restrooms: Airport
Wifi: Public Wifi inside Terminal
Restaurants: Nathan’s - Pizza Hut - Phillips Seafood - Gelato Gelato - Starbucks

Parking: Economy Lot: - Each Hour $1.00 - Max Each 24 Hrs. $8.00
Tesla customers park free for 2 hours.
Parking tickets can be validated at Information Desk on first floor of Airport or with Airport Security

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PlugShare - Savannah Supercharger
Address: Savannah Supercharger
Phone: +1 877-798-3752

Cost: No charge. Attendant has you write name and number on ticket or go inside the terminal,
head to the information desk to validate the parking,
it's free for 3 hours. Show them the app or key fob.

Hours: Open 24/7 - Accessible 24 hours / 7 days a week, Parking free if you can get ticket validated before 11pm.

Description: I-95 exit 104.
6 Superchargers are located at the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport,
on ground floor of parking structure in economy lot, about 50 yards from exit tolls.

After entering and getting ticket, drive through South Deck lot, cross road, enter North Deck and chargers will be on left.

Parking is free when validated at information kiosk, 800 feet away inside main terminal.
Information desk hours are 8:30am - 12:00am.
Note: the Information Desk needs to see your fob or the app on your phone to validate your ticket for 3 hours.

Several dining options are inside airport terminal (on the unsecured side) including a Starbucks,
and ice cream shop and the Southbound Tap House restaurant.
==============

to NeverFollow:
Thanks for the valuable entry, comparing Tesla Vs. Plugshare description of a Supercharger location. From now on I'll make it a point to study both before deciding which Supercharger I want to use.
Especially be aware of such details "....Public may use after 4:30 p.m. Mon. - Fri. and all-day weekends" as spelled in County Of Santa Barbara chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
I normally turn on satellite view as I get closer to an unknown supercharger to get a better idea ..Temecula I agree is bad location but with lake Elsinore open that is a better place to charge IMO if u are headed back to LA area
Yes, the map/nav mostly leads you right to SuperChargers especially in "satellite" view.
I was in Temecula a bit more than a year ago. From Texas. Truly a horrible site. Heavy traffic. My map/cell failed me in the area. The marked SuperCharger location jumped around by a mile or more. It took me about half an hour to find and I was low on charge. It was an enormous relief to finally found it. I failed to do any advanced reading on the site and wish that I had done a bit of prior research. Always a good idea on visits to new SuperChargers.

Flagstaff is also very obscurely located but the map/nav leads you right to it.

I've made the first long trip with our Tesla- a 90 miles trip to Temecula, CA.
Although the car still had 130 miles of charge on it when we got there, enough to get home safely, we decided to recharge in a Temecula's Promonade shopping center before we hit the road back.

It took me some time to find the bloody Tesla supercharger, as it was "hidden" on the 3rd floor of the big and busy parking structure. There were no signs anywhere the the charger are there until we climbed up there and "bumped" into it.
Happy end- we charged within 40 minutes, while walking around at the nice and big shopping center.
TESLA--- PLEASE MARK THE SUPERCHARGERS LOCATION SO THAT WE WANT WASTE TIME DRIVING AROUND...

Apparently, it happens to other visitors to Temecula too- see the video clip here- especially the surprising end from the 9:25 minute point!

It's not hidden if you read the information on the location and follow the signs in the parking garage

We had trouble getting to the Burbank Supercharger even though we were in the parking garage where it is located. We finally were able to follow another Tesla. Years of being spoiled by the plethora of gas stations. Happy to be non polluting and fast.

Burbank was the location I was thinking when I mentioned terrible signage. There is actually a sign soon after you enter the garage indicating where to go but the sign is hanging from the ceiling and perpendicular to how you are driving so you would not see it unless you know the sign is there (and if you know the sign is there, you will already know where the chargers are located).

Every Tesla driver should try how to get in Neutral or Towing mode.

- For Neutral, just go to P and put your feet on the brake pedal
and for one or two seconds press continually the R or the D level until the letter change to N.

What might be confusing is that the car will go first to R but continue pressing and then the car will then go to N.
and idem for D, when in D continue pressing and the car will then go to N.

The driver must stay sitting at the wheels otherwise the system return to P.
Someone else then can easily push the car for emergency or when going to.the car wash.

This comment should be somewhere else other than this thread. It is also misleading. Operating a Tesla is not mysterious. Read the Owners Manual. There is a lot of great information there. In that spirit here is the pertinent text for shifting to Neutral from the Model 3 Owners Manual.
"Push the lever up or down to the first position and hold it there for more than 1 second to shift into Neutral." The key words in this passage some new owners might not understand the meaning of are "first position." "First Position" means to press the shift lever up or down just until you feel resistance but not far enough to actually cause a shift into either Drive or Reverse. The shifting-to-neutral action can be initiated from any position, e.g., Park, Drive or Reverse.

As for Towing mode it should be noted Tesla calls this "Transport Mode" in the Owners Manual. The actions to initiate this mode are slightly more complex and you should note the significant restrictions to be aware of when using this mode as well.

Lastly, you can download a pdf of your Owners Manual by logging into your Tesla account, select Manage and the link is in the lower right corner of the screen.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
>> Every Tesla driver should try how to get in Neutral or Towing mode.

This comment should be somewhere else other than this thread.
Hi Ticobird thank you for your additional and useful comments in your posting.
I made this posting after watching the Youtube video mentioned by the OP Exscite

In this video, you can see at 9:20 a Model S stranded few feet away from a super charger.
And at 10:40 the author of the video explaining that he was able to help the other driver to push the Model S.
In fact the author of the video was surprised to discover the towing capability.

Going into Neutral can be very useful, for example if your car break down and is blocking the traffic, or just when going to.a car wash.
However, finding how going to Neutral with a Tesla is not obvious compared to other automatic cars using a P R N D shiftier.

In the case of a Tesla, the position of the gear level is more like: R <-- P --> D
Where P is in the middle, and R or D are up or down.

If you want to include the Neutral, the position of the gear level is more like: R(N*) <-- P --> (N*)D
where R is just before going into R or D, and the (*) means that you need to keep pressure for one second

Your comments were very explicit indeed:
It is also misleading. Operating a Tesla is not mysterious. Read the Owners Manual. There is a lot of great information there.
In that spirit here is the pertinent text for shifting to Neutral from the Model 3 Owners Manual.

"Push the lever up or down to the first position and hold it there for more than 1 second to shift into Neutral."
The key words in this passage some new owners might not understand the meaning of are "first position."

"First Position" means to press the shift lever up or down just until you feel resistance
but not far enough to actually cause a shift into either Drive or Reverse.
The shifting-to-neutral action can be initiated from any position, e.g., Park, Drive or Reverse.

As for Towing mode it should be noted Tesla calls this "Transport Mode" in the Owners Manual.
The actions to initiate this mode are slightly more complex
and you should note the significant restrictions to be aware of when using this mode as well.

Lastly, you can download a pdf of your Owners Manual by logging into your Tesla account,
select Manage and the link is in the lower right corner of the screen.

I would like to add to your comment that you cannot go to Neutral if you are not making pressure on the brake pedal.

Additionally, this might not clear, but the driver must stays at the wheels when in Neutral.

The driver needs the help of someone else then to push the car.
Otherwise, if the driver exits the car while in Neutral, the car will then goes to Park.

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional information about shifting to Neutral. Transport Mode should be used if the driver needs to help push a Tesla a short distance. Here is a Transport Mode excerpt from the Model 3 Owners Manual:

To activate Transport Mode:
1. Shift into Park.
2. Chock the tires or otherwise ensure Model 3 is stable.
3. Press and hold the brake pedal, then on the touchscreen touch Controls > Service > Towing. A message displays reminding you of how to properly transport Model 3.
4. Hold the Transport Mode button until it turns blue. Model 3 is now free-rolling and can be rolled or winched.
To cancel Transport Mode, shift Model 3 into Park.

Caution: Transport Mode automatically cancels and the parking brake is applied if Model 3 is rolled faster than 5 mph (8 km/h), 12V power is low, or if Transport Mode has been continuously enabled for 20 minutes. Model 3 sounds its horn to warn you that Transport Mode is about to cancel.