Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Long Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, your wipers return to auto when you engage autopilot because the system requires it to operate.
This is no longer the case. With the latest updates, you can turn off auto wipers when in AP or FSD.

Dipped my chin slightly to take a bite of a wrap and it shut off and told me I wasn’t driving safely.
This is what happened: You weren't holding the wheel, so after a delay, the car nagged you. The nag just happened to occur right when you dipped your chin slightly. If you're holding the wheel properly, you can get by with a lot of stuff.

I rarely drive without FSD on, and I suspect if you learned more about it, you would come to love it, especially on long trips.

Reactions: RSpanner
I've had my 2023 M3 slow down aggressively for no apparent reason, both when using autopilot and on regular cruise. It mostly happens when cresting a hill but I've had it happen on level roads too. It's happened so many times that I no longer use cruise at all when driving in traffic cause I'm scared it will brake check the car behind me and cause an accident. I think the problem is that Tesla uses cameras to estimate distances instead of using a laser rangefinder like other makes.

That's a problem with the wipers too, it uses cameras instead of a rain sensor to save a few bucks.

Reactions: pnwadventures