Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First longish trip in the Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you say beep cycles is that when the screen flashes red?
No, the screen starts to flash Blue, then the Blue flash starts to flash faster, finally the BEEPS, no red screen.

That’s one set of warning and then you grab the wheel. Now if you let it go after because you fell asleep, the car will then slow down and come to a complete stop.

Fred

If I activate AP, isn't it supposed to maintain my speed and stay in the lane on its own? I need to read up more on this, clearly. Thanks!

Its been a year since I got my TM3, so I don't recall exactly, but I seem to recall you have to activate Autopilot in the menu before you are allowed to use it. Its a one-time activation where you have to agree you understand its a driver's aid, not a replacement for a driver. After that it allows you to use it.

• Informative
Reactions: Spacep0d
Its been a year since I got my TM3, so I don't recall exactly, but I seem to recall you have to activate Autopilot in the menu before you are allowed to use it. Its a one-time activation where you have to agree you understand its a driver's aid, not a replacement for a driver. After that it allows you to use it.

Aha! Yep, this is probably why I couldn't use it. Thanks!

I used AP for the first time tonight, but only for a few meters. The speed was too fast, or faster than I wanted to go so I'll need to adjust the speed limit settings. Very cool though. I'll mostly try it on long trips on the highway.

I used AP for the first time tonight, but only for a few meters. The speed was too fast, or faster than I wanted to go so I'll need to adjust the speed limit settings. Very cool though. I'll mostly try it on long trips on the highway.

You can flick the button wheel down fast and it jumps the speed Down by 5 mile per hour increments.

Fred

• Informative
Reactions: Spacep0d

Thanks yep, this is correct and I finally enabled it. :)

Reactions: DaveRZ