Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First road trip Montreal to Shippagan New Brunswick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla fam, our first long haul with the Model Y Sr. We had a few SC along the way but we ran out of them in the upper part of New Brunswick. I did have a Chademo adapter and performed very well on the level3 chargers. I did miscalculate my stops and we are so used to the Tesla app telling use where to charge as needed. I could of skip 1 or 2 stops, in-experience in time I will adjust.

The experience was perfect compared to a gas driven SUV. We get to stop every 2 to 3 hours which is great.. seems to give us a break, walk around, bathroom break, coffee or food refill. Also Tesla did such a great job placing the SC, in the right places. I cant complain on that. On the other side, the level3 (cercuit electrique) locations have some stepping up to do. Also its a 1 hour fee.. so you charge 30min and your charged the full 1hour. Kinda of a rip off to me.

Comparing our traditional gas SUV I would drive a long haul, I can drive 5 to 6hr with out stopping and creates fatigue.

I did buy a cable 30ft with the 14-50 connectors so I plug my home charger to a dryer here at the beach house I rented. This gives me the same charging time as home.

All in all the voyage is great. loved the ride.. there was a few things about the ( response time in cruse control when car moves over) very slow reaction time. Also in a hilly condition it would break for no reason. But besides that everything went well.

Attachments

• IMG_7481.jpeg
    IMG_7481.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7462.jpeg
    IMG_7462.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 73
You wouldn't happen to have a map of your route, would you?
This is a trip we'd like to do once the border opens up.
hello my friend sorry for the late response. Here is the map I wanted to take but the 180 was closed. We had to continue on rte 17 to the 11 up to Cambelton and then Bathurst, then come down to Shippagan. Cambelton station was in the town expect a 10min drive in.
There is 3 level3 station along the way. You can see them along the way. I liked one I stopped at. It was right off the high way ( truck stop)

If you are going to Moncton you have plenty of SC's along the way. But as soon as you head north they are not available.

here is the maps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 1.52.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 1.52.56 PM.png
    737.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 1.36.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 1.36.31 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
Thanks for the response. I'm in no rush, so I didn't notice the delay. I'll be doing the trip next summer.

Your route is part of my planned excursion. I was looking at driving up the western side of the St. Lawrence and taking the ferry from Les Escoumins to Trois Pistoles. From there head north and east eventually ending up in Halifax (my wife is from there and we'd be doing a "trip down memory lane".

Any experience with that ferry?

Thanks for the response. I'm in no rush, so I didn't notice the delay. I'll be doing the trip next summer.

Your route is part of my planned excursion. I was looking at driving up the western side of the St. Lawrence and taking the ferry from Les Escoumins to Trois Pistoles. From there head north and east eventually ending up in Halifax (my wife is from there and we'd be doing a "trip down memory lane".

Any experience with that ferry?
sorry Pago, no never been on the ferry, happy travels the Y, was a charm