Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Unread Post Display Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
I doubt I'm the only one experiencing this, so I thought I'd start a thread.

I have noticed recently that when I hit "enter" on a thread I'm watching with unread posts, I'll be taken to the first unread post correctly, but I will have to scroll up a small amount in order to see the top of that post. This is consistent with both Chrome and Firefox browsers. It's looks almost as if the banner at the top of the page is covering the part of the post that I need to scroll up to.

I am including two screen captures. The first is where the site takes me before I scroll, and the second shows the full post, after I have scrolled.

Problematic positioning:
TMC Post Cut Off.jpg

After manually scrolling:
TMC Scrolled Up.jpg

Are others experiencing this? If so, any possibility of a fix?

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Also, if it matters, I am using the TMC 2016 Condensed style, but I just checked, and the same behavior is exhibited with the default TMC 2016 style.

(I would have edited my original post, but apparently too much time has elapsed for me to be able to do that!)

Thanks @Andyw2100

This was reported in the TMC Navigation thread, and we have been working on a solution.

So, just to add some information, for others experiencing this...

I took a look at the thread danny referenced above, and though I did not read all of it, I did see a post made by danny, on page 5, I believe, that showed an option to disable the navigation slide out. I have now selected that option within my preferences, and the problem is much less severe. All that is cut off now is the very top of the post, such that the line that shows the poster and the time of the post is about half visible.

So for anyone bothered by the problem I pointed out in the OP, until danny and crew get the issue completely resolved, disabling the navigation slide out should be a good work-around.

• Helpful
Reactions: danny