Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I have the whole thing saved in HD.
But, sorry - a still frame here or there is all I am willing to upload.
(Trying not to stray from "fair use").

SCIHD will probably repeat it... Watch their schedule site, and set your DVRs.

Fair enough and I do respect your position on this. Unfortunately I don't get that particular channel so I guess I'll have to look for another alternative. It's especially frustrating since we barely see any "development notes" from Fisker. Compared to Tesla, we're a spoiled bunch :smile:.

You have 24 hours to give us our money. And to show you we're serious, you have 12 hours.

I'm afraid I must insist. You see, my wife, she has been most vocal on the subject of the pretzel monies. "Where's the money? "When are you going to get the money?" "Why aren't you getting the money now?" And so on.

I'm confused by that video. I think they may have gotten some details wrong. It said the Karma accelerates 0 to 60 in 5.6 seconds without using any gasoline. But later the implication is the car has to be in "Sport Mode" to have full power and reach top speed. I have understood Sport Mode to mean the genset is running to supplement the batteries. So doesn't the ICE need to run to get maximum acceleration?

Last edited:
Well Fisker's battery brain flash sounded a lot like Martin's - he was in the handheld business. In fact, the whole script with it's "credit for innovation" bent sounded like a Tesla video up to the motor part.

We finally get some shots of under the hood.

125 MPH top speed.

5.6 (with questionable methods)

Only 100 miles per gallon. GM has them beat ...in number fudging.

Thanks to the poster!

Motorweek #2848
Episode Title: 2848/Mazda MX-5 Miata
PBS broadcast window begins July 31, 2009

Quick Listing:

arrow.gif
Road Test: 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata
arrow.gif
Road Test: 2010 Infiniti G-Series Convertible
arrow.gif
Goss' Garage: Gas Cap Capers
arrow.gif
FYI: Fisker Karma Exotic Electric Car

Owners were sent these on the interior today:

Fisker Automotive Update

Fisker Automotive Update

Another reminder to those chomping at the bit for info on the Model S. These videos are nearly the first thing we have heard from Fisker in a year. Who knows when the cars are coming out?
The Model S is a lot longer down the road than the Fisker is.

At least this and that How They Do It video makes it seem more real.

The marketing machine at Fisker must be in full swing now.

Supercars Exposed had a piece on the Kama today. Looks like a Karma testing day on a airport tarmac with only Karma engineer driving. Did you know that electrics have a lot of toque at any speed?

Stats:
403 HP Electric / 284 Gas Genny
Top speed
125 mph Sport mode
95 mph Stealth mode

950 f. lbs. Torque
0 to 60 5.8 sec

$87K - 7.5K tax credit (they just added that 7K on to take your discount!)

The company is owned by a designer. The previous videos give you a clue of how much design-speak this show had at the end and that we will hear about forever and ever. And ever.

It's really creepy the way that guy is rubbing the car at the beginning of the video. I guess you'd call that "auto"-erotic?! :biggrin::rolleyes:
Unt wis zat accent... I expected him to say, "My precious.... "

More interestingly, the video describes how the Karma is using an LCD instrument cluster and center console, just like the Model S concept. They even have HVAC control on that center LCD.

I still hate the way the gear selector is setup. It's like turning the stopcock on a titration setup. That rotary switch had better have some firm detents to it.

Last edited:
Michelle Shapiro is very good. Let's see her on the US Top Gear.
chevyparispeking004.jpg

That's a great idea actually, much better than Adam Carolla or those other two hosts. It's always nice to see more women involved with cars and she's nice to look at too.

Top Gear US isn't off the back burner and up for consideration again is it?

Last edited by a moderator: