Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing a clunk with a battery Bolt? ( 1119905-00-A )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

S5S5G6

Jul 29, 2018
MA
Tried the search and couldn’t find anything so I am yes....soliciting speculation from the internet on what could be going on here.

History:
2018 M3D (nonP) and have had a clunk for awhile, usually on “resume acceleration” (let off, get back on while moving) or when coming down the backside of speedbumps etc.

Took to one SC and they replaced a bushing on one of my drive shafts claiming it was a known issue on some 2018’s but it was “hard to reproduce”. WelI, it fixed one symptom but the other continued. In their defense, it seems to occur less in the colder months which this was.

Now:
Took it to a different SC recently and they expected it to be upper control arms. The pretty quickly indicated UCA’s on both sides were good, and not the cause. They dug into it more and are able to replicate the noise at will (yes!).
They asked a bunch of questions about when this started exactly (guessing they think possibly assembly issue).
They gave me a loaner and have now ordered this bolt:

BOLT,HF,M10x27,STL[109],ZNFL,MAT
Part #: 1119905-00-A

Looking around, I found minimal search results other than a helpful elektromobili.ru site that has the following graphic:

shop_group_image8886.jpgf

The description references Part #19 and the schematic is for the high voltage battery assembly. :eek:

Has anyone else had any dealings with this or any battery shell parts replacements?
Or any thoughts on what might have caused this to be zeroed in on?
Maybe just a missing bolt not installed since day 1? Eek.

Thanks for any insight’s y’all might have :)