Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor mats suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received delivery of my new 23' Model S just yesterday and looking for Model S.

The rubber ones on Tesla website looks good but am also looking for something that look slightly different than just rubber look. Any suggestions? The Tesla ones are 250 USD and am sure for that kind of money there are many other options too if not even for less.

I also see these matching the factory ones design for less....

I've personally used about every floor mat made for the Model S and my personal favorite is the 3D Maxpider ones. The OEM/Weathertech ones were more of a flat/smooth plastic which felt more suited to my pickup trucks than a higher end sedan such as a Model S. I wanted something a little bit more suited for that purpose that didn't look and feel quite so utilitarian. After trying several out I ended upsetting on the Maxpider ones as it was the perfect blend between adding a little bit of texture w/o being over dramatic. They also "feel" better being made of a software rubber than the hard plastic of the OEM/Weathertech version.

That said, I hate the logo and the manufacturer refuses to listen to the constant feedback about how distracting it is so I've got to the version of the same floor mat found on Amazon that is cheaper and doesn't include an annoying logo. If you don't mind the logo I'd suggest going w/the original but I was willing to take a flier on the non-branded version possibly being inferior quality. After many months (years now?) of use I've been pleased with this decision. No issues.

These are another popular option that I also tried. The fit and quality was good but the pattern just seemed a bit... off... for my personal taste. I get that's fully opinion based and you may love it and if so they're a solid option. I just preferred the look of the Maxpider version as it felt more like a floor mat to me whereas the Tuxmats felt like they should be on an armrest or door card in a luxury vehicle rather than a floor mat. I get the draw though so if the OP prefers that look they seem like another good option.

Reactions: CTruck_BMW
I 2nd the Maxpider. I’ve had them for about 3 years on my 18 S and they hold well also. I don’t mind the logo as much but it does stand out.

The logo is just held on by two little rivet things - you can remove them and pop the logo off pretty easily. There's still an indention where the logo was, but it's less visible without the shiny material

I actually emailed 3D last week to see if I could buy their mats without that horrendous logo. No response. They are going to lose (likely already have) a lot of sales to the knockoffs due to that logo/not listening to potential customers.

Way past the rubber experience is 3D and Tux
Tux goes even further with coverage
After this video Watch focused videos on each
Again, if I had to do it again, I would at least try Tux and if too much or too lux then back to 3D Max

The logo is just held on by two little rivet things - you can remove them and pop the logo off pretty easily. There's still an indention where the logo was, but it's less visible without the shiny material
Or you can spend less money for what you want out-of-the-box. No extra work and no holes that let water, mud and melted snow through to your floors.

3D really has botched this by thinking they have to grossly overbrand their product to remain viable. Ironically, it's driven me and many other paying customers away. We've asked politely multiple times and are met with staunch defiance every time. Okay, cool. You want your branding on there. That's your choice. It's also our choice to buy what we want if that means you're not willing to provide it.

Thanks 3D for saving me some money on all of our car purchases! I see no reason to support a seller that doesn't seem to care about our opinions or input nor should they fault us for going elsewhere.

We're getting a bit off-topic on this one so I won't be addressing that anymore as I've said my piece since it is related to the topic.

Another plug for tux
Their logo is almost invisible, driver side
Will be under the left foot
1693429555413.png

Received delivery of my new 23' Model S just yesterday and looking for Model S.

The rubber ones on Tesla website looks good but am also looking for something that look slightly different than just rubber look. Any suggestions? The Tesla ones are 250 USD and am sure for that kind of money there are many other options too if not even for less.

I also see these matching the factory ones design for less....
IMO, 3D are the best, but not the Kagu rubber ones. Check out the Elegant finish which has short, soft weave but still water proof and with full edge coverage. The logo is now subtle and darker as per this pic and can easily be removed if you prefer. FYI, there is no round plastic dot as in the top level pic on website.

I’ve had these on all my Teslas and they provide nice feel, finished appearance and weather proofing. They look exactly like this:

1693472105046.jpeg

Last edited:
Or you can spend less money for what you want out-of-the-box. No extra work and no holes that let water, mud and melted snow through to your floors.

3D really has botched this by thinking they have to grossly overbrand their product to remain viable. Ironically, it's driven me and many other paying customers away. We've asked politely multiple times and are met with staunch defiance every time. Okay, cool. You want your branding on there. That's your choice. It's also our choice to buy what we want if that means you're not willing to provide it.

Thanks 3D for saving me some money on all of our car purchases! I see no reason to support a seller that doesn't seem to care about our opinions or input nor should they fault us for going elsewhere.

We're getting a bit off-topic on this one so I won't be addressing that anymore as I've said my piece since it is related to the topic.
Totally agree with you that their large logo is a total turn off.

I've personally used about every floor mat made for the Model S and my personal favorite is the 3D Maxpider ones. The OEM/Weathertech ones were more of a flat/smooth plastic which felt more suited to my pickup trucks than a higher end sedan such as a Model S. I wanted something a little bit more suited for that purpose that didn't look and feel quite so utilitarian. After trying several out I ended upsetting on the Maxpider ones as it was the perfect blend between adding a little bit of texture w/o being over dramatic. They also "feel" better being made of a software rubber than the hard plastic of the OEM/Weathertech version.

That said, I hate the logo and the manufacturer refuses to listen to the constant feedback about how distracting it is so I've got to the version of the same floor mat found on Amazon that is cheaper and doesn't include an annoying logo. If you don't mind the logo I'd suggest going w/the original but I was willing to take a flier on the non-branded version possibly being inferior quality. After many months (years now?) of use I've been pleased with this decision. No issues.

Link to Amazon mats you got ?

Reactions: TK16688