Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floored the acceleration on my brand new MYP and got dizzy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 38 and 200 lbs and I have no trouble handling MYP full acceleration...
Would be interesting to see how I would do in a Plaid:)
MYP: when going full speed in sport mode 10-60mph I have people screaming "Fuuuuu*****kkk" or breathing heavily or describing strange feeling in hands and head...my wife can barely handle chill acceleration without complaining, however, my 6 yo son only giggles and goes "wheeeeeee" when in sports mode...anyhow, all reactions are priceless:)
As I was quite used to M3LR acceleration before I got my MYP, I knew what to expect.
And now I'm quite used to my new rocket launcher an the acceleration is in my opinion "very very good":)
But people, especially as passengers and when experiencing something like this for the first time, are usually shocked.
I guess the perception is anyhow different for the driver, being in control of the car, than for the unexpecting passenger.

Reactions: Whtrbt7 and walex19
Got my MYP about two weeks and the acceleration made me nauseous. Had to run it in chill mode for a week to get used to it. I really think it was more the instant acceleration that distorted me. In an ICE car I’m used to transmission lag and obviously there is none in an EV. That disparity between my bodies expectation of lagged acceleration and reality was making me sick. All better now and lovin Sport mode!
Glad to hear it. I’ll try that and hope to return to lovin the Gs.

I would not worry about it. Fighter pilots undergo heavy G forces all the time with no apparent health effects
I have noticed with higher blood pressure, I had conditioned myself to be able to take harder accelerations and not get dizzy in jets or rollercoasters. As I get older and my blood pressure is decreasing, I seem to get a little dizzy once I hit about 3Gs now compared to over 6Gs when I was younger.
Any idea how many Gs in a m3p?