Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM radio problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FM support in Tesla feels like an afterthought. Like we have to include an FM radio but let us make it worse than using streaming. The whole lack of cover art for the HD radio is one example. Cover art support for FM HD radio has been out for a decade now yet Telsa ignores it.

Reactions: DaveG_NJ
A few days ago FM radio would not play. I could change stations, turn it on and off, and adjust the volume, but no sound. Later it was fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• E1E5E739-967B-4B52-A0F4-4FEFD65925ED.jpeg
    E1E5E739-967B-4B52-A0F4-4FEFD65925ED.jpeg
    787.2 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: JonMu
Had to reboot yesterday to get FM to work. Was getting audio out of Tunein at the time. Anyone else seen this? About 2 weeks ago I had to do a reboot to get any audio.
I frequently have to reboot to get the radio to work. I am able to select a streaming station in my favorites but if I try FM radio or to browse for a new streaming station all I get is a white screen and a spinning load icon in the center. I have to reboot almost daily to get this working

Mine seems to have settled down, (maybe the latest update fixed it?) However, I'm mostly using SiriusXM on my phone (addicted to Radio Classics), which works w/o fail...so far...
When the FM fails, I just wait, rather than complicating the issue by pushing buttons.