Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOR SALE Brand new Model 3 purchased 02/08/19 FOR SALE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cost for a new one is:
$68,400 MSRP
<$3,750> FTC
<$5,000> CO Tax Credit
= $59,650

That’s brand new, first owner. Yours is used and the buyer will be the second owner. Tesla is also offering $1,500-$2,000 discounts on in stock inventory 3s.

So I’ll offer $57,650 (firm). PM me if you want to make a deal. I’m ready to buy.
OP I’d take this offer if you’re serious. However I think they’re just looking for a quick buck. Wrong group to try this in ;)

Asking 70K Without the buyer getting the rebates I will help you here You are not going to sell it, You cant make the money on the rebates and get the tax credit and then profit on the sale. There are plenty of Model 3 available in inventory While I commend your efforts to make money in a variety of ways the market is efficient at this point and you are going to likely need to cut the price in half to get your sale done

50% off? I will personally drive to Colorado with $35k cash in a duffel bag right now.

Reactions: Hank42
You asked for advice selling it. The only real option is to offer it at a significant discount over new a new one. The new owner will be the second owner, still have to pay taxes, be willing to take your build versus one that they want, buy yours over one immediately available direct from Tesla delivered to their own SC without travel. Very few cars are an appreciating asset and a Model 3 is certainly not one.

The cost for a new one is:
$68,400 MSRP
<$3,750> FTC
<$5,000> CO Tax Credit
= $59,650

That’s brand new, first owner. Yours is used and the buyer will be the second owner. Tesla is also offering $1,500-$2,000 discounts on in stock inventory 3s.

So I’ll offer $57,650 (firm). PM me if you want to make a deal. I’m ready to buy.

Why would you buy a used car to just save $2K? -- Especially now that HW 3 is on the horizon.

From your new price of $59K, I think you should save at least 15% if you are buying someone else's used car, which would put this car in the early 50s to make much sense...

Unspoken Rules for Posting a Tesla For Sale on TMC

Ok, so who wants to count the rules that this post matches???

✔ 1) Create an account
✔ 2) don't add a picture to your profile
✔ 3) make sure your first post is a car for sale. don't read any of the content here to get a feel for the community
✔ 4) Ask more than you paid LOL. New (before tax credits) is $68k.
✔ 5) forget to put range he forgot to put year too

6) respond to some posts about why your car is worth more, even though you got the tax credits
7) respond to some more posts that the comments that your car is overpriced are not helpful
8) later on the same day you make your first post, drop the price a couple of grand
9) ???
10 Profit (?)

So he got half of them before he disappeared. I think he should get extra credit for misspelling the name of his own home town.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
✔ 1) Create an account
✔ 2) don't add a picture to your profile
✔ 3) make sure your first post is a car for sale. don't read any of the content here to get a feel for the community
✔ 4) Ask more than you paid LOL. New (before tax credits) is $68k.
✔ 5) forget to put range he forgot to put year too

6) respond to some posts about why your car is worth more, even though you got the tax credits
7) respond to some more posts that the comments that your car is overpriced are not helpful
8) later on the same day you make your first post, drop the price a couple of grand
9) ???
10 Profit (?)

So he got half of them before he disappeared. I think he should get extra credit for misspelling the name of his own home town.

I just wanted to make the same list. Horrible. He has no respect for the community. He think we are dumb. It just pissing me off. This group is savvy. If you want to make deal here prepare for that. But you can make a deal. Otherwise go to other places.

You'll have better luck building a time machine, and going back one day,

Then on that day having the thought of "this isn't the car for me so I'll return it under the 3 day return policy". That assumes the return policy is applicable in your case.

If it's not then you'll have to design a much more sophisticated time machine to go back 4 days. Which is monumentally more difficult than only 1 day.

Reactions: HankLloydRight