Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

for those that transferred their FUSC <March 31, 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
I'm looking to get an interim car with SC01 FUSC (Free Unlimited Supoercharging) and Tesla warned me even if Tesla re-introduces FUSC transfers, I might not be able to transfer to a new MS as she thought it only applied to the original owner. This doesn't sound right, just thought I'd check with you guys...

Thanks!

Do you guys know if there is a switch to turn on when you change lanes on autopilot with the old Teslas? my 2015 used to stay on auto pilot. This 2016 might as well but it was a quick test drive and maybe it was just slow trying to move into the next lane.

It’s got summon in the menu so I think it’s highway auto pilot?
If it's AP1 and you have autopilot engaged, then when you hit the turn signal, it will change lanes. If you just have TACC engaged, and signal, then it won't auto change lanes as you're not in an auto steering mode with just TACC.

Now, there are some caveats. If it thinks there's an obstruction, like car ahead of you in the lane you're changing into and the following distance is too close, it won't change right away until there is sufficient separation. Also, if there is a solid white line, not a broken line, then it sees that solid white line as one it's not supposed to cross. Now there are cases where some road details, like say a solid black type of strip from say sealing cracks between lanes can be perceived as a solid line, and it won't change.

And yes, it does take some time before it will begin to change lanes.

• Love
Reactions: easyev
Upvote 0
If it's AP1 and you have autopilot engaged, then when you hit the turn signal, it will change lanes. If you just have TACC engaged, and signal, then it won't auto change lanes as you're not in an auto steering mode with just TACC.

Now, there are some caveats. If it thinks there's an obstruction, like car ahead of you in the lane you're changing into and the following distance is too close, it won't change right away until there is sufficient separation. Also, if there is a solid white line, not a broken line, then it sees that solid white line as one it's not supposed to cross. Now there are cases where some road details, like say a solid black type of strip from say sealing cracks between lanes can be perceived as a solid line, and it won't change.

And yes, it does take some time before it will begin to change lanes.
Thank you for explaining, I think I had too many coffees before the test drive and was a little impatient! Really appreciate the detail!
Closing in on the 2016 today, see if can hammer out a good deal on this project car! Okay, maybe it's not that bad...

Last edited:
Upvote 0