Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founders Series Powerwall for Sale. Ready to Install.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Provide them another address with a clean history (ie no powerwalls before) let them install everything, take what you like afterward and do what you want with it. Much easier than fighting about the extra gateway, simply look like what they need you to look like to give you what you want.

Again, not gonna work. You must be the homeowner on the deed of the property to have them install the PW on the property. You don't just get to point and say "install there, please". If you own multiple homes, you might be able to get away with that plan, but uninstalling an entire PW2 setup and gateway, and then re-installing it somewhere else is going to cost you several times over the cost of just a gateway (which you can't get anyway).

Give it up, it's not going to work, no matter how loud or long you cry to Tesla.

I wonder if anyone has any real knowledge as to whether or not this is true. I will just ask my Tesla rep who is working on my 2 powerwall referral prize.. I’ll let you know, but I suspect you are correct on this one.

There are a lot of people who have had two PW2 referral awards installed. They didn’t get two gateways.

I wonder if anyone has any real knowledge as to whether or not this is true. I will just ask my Tesla rep who is working on my 2 powerwall referral prize.. I’ll let you know, but I suspect you are correct on this one.
We had referral Powerwalls installed in 2018 (3) and again in 2019 (1). They didn't give us another gateway since we already had one installed last year. If you were doing a totally new install and installing at a completely new address, then I would assume they would include the gateway as well but they don't give you a gateway for each Powerwall installed at one address.

Reactions: MelaniainLA