Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Access to Tesla Toolbox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can also easily redeploy everything without Toolbax by enabling service mode.. just press and hold for a few seconds the car model in the “software” tab and enter password “service”.. there are many posts about “enable service mode” in this forum
As far as I’m aware you can only do this in an S/X when in proximity to a service center

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
That won’t work for the new Refresh S/X - they replaced typical Ethernet with a new protocol that I believe may be using 802.1X authentication (but I’m not positive on that). I am certain you need a converter box to go from PC ethernet to the new car connector. I can’t remember what it is off hand.

I think the fakra cable still works, but I am not sure it is all you need for toolbox. I know the fakra cable (network) connects to both the autopilot module plug above the glove box and the jack under the mcu. Depending on what you are doing, it will communicate with the car from both locations. As I need to diagnose my ptc heater not communicating with the can, I think I need to use the can connection. Tesla shows the peak tool on one of their knowledgebase sheets. Here is the link. PCAN-USB: PEAK-System. I can't figure out how to connect it to the car.