Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging tied to Tesla account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at this thread, I am thinking it may be a good idea to add your spouse to the car registration. Would Tesla consider that as an original owner change? If I pass away, would my spouse continue to have free supercharging? Any idea?
Probably not a bad idea, however, I think it's tied to the account.

So far I have transferred title/registration under my name but the vehicle is still under my FIL's account (I am just added as a driver for the mobile app) but I have the physical keys. I have taken it into service twice so far to get some things fixed and the car still supercharges for free.

I'll post any updates as time goes on if they kick me out of free supercharging lol.

Reactions: Ss2017
I bought a 2016 Model X with free supercharging and connectivity, and it stayed with the car after I registered it in my state, created an account on Tesla's site and added this car on there. Tesla told me the free supercharging and connectivity are tied to the vin number of the car.
How'd you find an MX with free Supercharging and connectivity? Interested in finding one myself