Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance for Model X (Business-Registered Vehicles) Seeking Clarification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An insurance broker was telling me that Tesla does not provide insurance for Teslas registered under businesses. However, I've had Tesla insurance for my Model X for a year, and it's registered under a business name. When I signed up for the insurance, they never inquired about the owner. I assumed they were already aware, given that they handled the registration documentation.

Can anyone clarify if the broker's statement is accurate? I don't want to maintain Tesla insurance if it might complicate future claims.

An insurance broker was telling me that Tesla does not provide insurance for Teslas registered under businesses. However, I've had Tesla insurance for my Model X for a year, and it's registered under a business name. When I signed up for the insurance, they never inquired about the owner. I assumed they were already aware, given that they handled the registration documentation.

Can anyone clarify if the broker's statement is accurate? I don't want to maintain Tesla insurance if it might complicate future claims.
Was it registered to ONLY your business, or was it jointly held by your business and yourself (which I suspect is more common).

I would read the policy. See if any Business use exclusion or limitation. It will def have For Hire and Ride Share exclusions, but need to dig deeper.