Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont reopen in May - where will the first cars go to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question:
from Your estimates - to which market will Tesla start producing to after reopening in May?
I have a pending order on a MX and am from Europe, so I am interested when to estimate the first may produced cars in Europe. Any guessses?

Typically Tesla will push all initial output to maximize EOQ deliveries.

First will go domestically to areas that can deliver prior to EOQ. Early ones to East Coast and Canada due to longer delivery times, and right near the EOQ to California buyers who can take delivery just a day or so after rolling off the line.

Then after EOQ they will switch to loading ships going to Europe. Takes a long time to get there, and they will be in place for the next EOQ delivery rush. This cycle repeats to optimize EOQ deliveries in a World wide rush. Sometimes this schedule is modified to adapt to a local region where a governmental incentive is due to be going away.

Elon hates this, but it is necessary as a Quartly results are demanded by Corporate investors. Says that if he could take the company private, it would be run much more efficiently with deliveries more constant over the calendar.

Reactions: Aleks0404