Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front and Rear bumper alert monitors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I know if I'm about to hit something? On my old E63 there were little lights that went yellow and finally red, on my wifes car its similar with digital lights. On this thing in the front it appears to just be red.

At low speeds, the overhead picture of your car (below the speedometer) will show lines where it detects obstacles. They start out light yellow, then turn dark yellow, orange and finally red. The distance to the obstacle is also shown. When you are just about to hit something it says STOP. It will also beep at you, unless you've muted it, which by the way is a little icon in the upper right of that display that looks like a speaker (everyone always asks what that is).

At low speeds, the overhead picture of your car (below the speedometer) will show lines where it detects obstacles. They start out light yellow, then turn dark yellow, orange and finally red. The distance to the obstacle is also shown. When you are just about to hit something it says STOP. It will also beep at you, unless you've muted it, which by the way is a little icon in the upper right of that display that looks like a speaker (everyone always asks what that is).

I guess they kind of changed like you said ,but I don't remember it ever beeping at me and it never said stop. I looked and I am about 1/2 foot away from the stuff on the ground. Thank you for the full info.

Is this a silent form of rear traffic crossing alert?

I guess they kind of changed like you said ,but I don't remember it ever beeping at me and it never said stop. I looked and I am about 1/2 foot away from the stuff on the ground. Thank you for the full info.

When you say "on the ground", how low are you talking about? I don't know how low the ultrasonic sensors can detect. The obstacles that I know it detect are at least 6-12 inches high. I don't know what the minimum height is.