Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratch and Paint on Front Bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I scratched my front driver side bumper coming out of the garage (kicking myself for checking my phone instead of the rear camera) while backing out. Since it has paint on it, will buffing be enough or do I have to do something else? Anybody else have a similar situation?

Tesla Bumper.jpeg

Seems the damage to the bumper and the molding are significant. No amount of buffing or polishing will remove those deep gouges. It would require the bumper to be refinished and the molding replaced. Tesla does sell a full painted bumper from the factory which will run ~ $1200 installed.

Reactions: fredzos and TLLMRRJ
Seems the damage to the bumper and the molding are significant. No amount of buffing or polishing will remove those deep gouges. It would require the bumper to be refinished and the molding replaced. Tesla does sell a full painted bumper from the factory which will run ~ $1200 installed.
Thanks. Expensive lesson learned.
Do you know if the full painted bumper from the factory includes the molding?

Thanks. Expensive lesson learned.
Do you know if the full painted bumper from the factory includes the molding?
It does not include the molding. Shouldn't be too expensive. Best to check with your nearest Tesla SC parts department. FYI, though the painted bumper cover is an over-the-counter part, they have to do the remove/install at the service center.