Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front bumper lower black plastic trim replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kl25

Jan 28, 2023
toronto
Hi all,

So this happened the other day. Mobile service came to replace the front fender plastic trim.

The front piece, as per the tech, needs to be done at the shop and I was quoted $300 CAD (i'm located in Toronto, Ontario in Canada). As per tech, this piece is part of what's called the under shield or aero shield? he tried to push it back in but was not successful. He thinks the whole aero shield needs to be replaced at service center if we want to fix it.

I have 3 questions:

1) i am no expert, just got the car 3 months ago. but from a bit of search on google, the aero shield or undertray seems to be a different part from this front bumper, lower plastic trim??

2) if i am correct, anyone have any idea where to purchase just the front lower plastic trim?

3) for those who may have experience, would it be cheaper if i bring it to a third party body shop to get it replaced? (whether it's the aero shield or just the lower plastic trim)

Thanks everyone!
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-29 at 14.32.30.jpg

Hi all,

So this happened the other day. Mobile service came to replace the front fender plastic trim.

The front piece, as per the tech, needs to be done at the shop and I was quoted $300 CAD (i'm located in Toronto, Ontario in Canada). As per tech, this piece is part of what's called the under shield or aero shield? he tried to push it back in but was not successful. He thinks the whole aero shield needs to be replaced at service center if we want to fix it.

I have 3 questions:

1) i am no expert, just got the car 3 months ago. but from a bit of search on google, the aero shield or undertray seems to be a different part from this front bumper, lower plastic trim??

2) if i am correct, anyone have any idea where to purchase just the front lower plastic trim?
Found the answer. It's called front lower shield or front undertray

3) for those who may have experience, would it be cheaper if i bring it to a third party body shop to get it replaced? (whether it's the aero shield or just the lower plastic trim)

Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0