Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it common to PPF just front bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
All the shops around here want to promote the front ppf package, which is bumper, hood, fender, and even mirrors.

My experience in years with the 3 is that the hood takes 90% of the brunt. Hood very rarely gets marked up. Fenders never. And mirrors…who cares?

Think all I need is just to protect the bumper.

It comes
Down to money if you have it do entire front end. If you don’t want to spend it do bumper and at least 12” of the hood
That makes sense. However, doing just the front part of the hood will eventually look hideous. Dust and grime will highlight where the PPF ends on the hood. The uncovered part will also discolor with age differently than the covered part. Spend a few more quid to do the whole hood or not do it at all.

Reactions: dsm363
All the shops around here want to promote the front ppf package, which is bumper, hood, fender, and even mirrors.

My experience in years with the 3 is that the hood takes 90% of the brunt. Hood very rarely gets marked up. Fenders never. And mirrors…who cares?

Think all I need is just to protect the bumper.
You need the front of the rear quarter panels. They get shredded without protection. Front mudflaps are a must as well.

Reactions: zoomer0056

Attachments

• PXL_20240216_210751789.jpg
    PXL_20240216_210751789.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 22