Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Intake How To Clean Easily?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have been noticing a lot of people mentioning now that their vehicle have a bit more mileage - the air intake on the bottom front is filled with debris and such. The video's I have seen don't appear to be that difficult but if a leaf or something was stuck has anyone used any type of vacuum attachment that is able to reach and fit to do a quick cleaning?

I actually just did this to our 2020 LR Y with 61k on it. I purchased the car detailing kit from home depot for a rigid shop vac it has both a slim brush and a very long narrow attachment that got very close to the bottom of the radiator. Get some ac coil clear and use a hose and you should be able to clean quite a bit out from the top. I noticed our AC wasn't as cool as it should be as soon as the cleaning was done AC performance is much better. The car wasn't throwing any errors but the radiator was totally clogged with crap.

Home Depot rigid car cleaning

Attachments

• PXL_20240618_022709851.jpg
    PXL_20240618_022709851.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240618_022713191.jpg
    PXL_20240618_022713191.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240618_022716327.jpg
    PXL_20240618_022716327.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 1
I actually just did this to our 2020 LR Y with 61k on it. I purchased the car detailing kit from home depot for a rigid shop vac it has both a slim brush and a very long narrow attachment that got very close to the bottom of the radiator. Get some ac coil clear and use a hose and you should be able to clean quite a bit out from the top. I noticed our AC wasn't as cool as it should be as soon as the cleaning was done AC performance is much better. The car wasn't throwing any errors but the radiator was totally clogged with crap.

Home Depot rigid car cleaning
Do you have a link to that vacc, also was getting into it disassembling difficult? I know they use a lot of clips and stuff want to make sure where to avoid and or try not to break anything in the process

Any Rigid shop vac will do

Not difficult take out the funk disconnect the hood release and there are a bunch of clips that go across the top and 1 on each side. You won't be able to open it completely but you can get it open enough to clean it out.

coil cleaner
Will a dyson vacuum with attachments be fine? Also the coil cleaner should be just sprayed and let it evaporate ?