Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front parking sensing rubber gasket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I took delivery of my model 3 about 2 weeks ago and today noticed an issue with one of the front parking sensors. It looks like a part of the gasket was pushed in a bit and I honestly have no idea how that could have happened as there really isn't any visible exterior damage around it.

This one is fine
NMJXgZO.jpg

The one with an issue
of9Xuxc.jpg

Few questions..
1) anyone have any idea what could have happened? Could it be a rock that got kicked up and happened to hit into it directly?
2) is there a way to safely push it back out (i tried picking at it with a tooth pick)
3) any concerns if I leave it as is?

Thanks in advance!

I actually haven't raised it with them yet but will do so soon and I haven't submitted any issues before. Would the best route be sending an email over to them or just to open a service ticket via the app?
I'm still awaiting my delivery, so I don't have first-hand experience. I'd say call (or drop by) the delivery/service center directly before using the app to schedule an appointment; if it is just a rubber gasket that somehow got mis-seated, I imagine that's the sort of thing that could be fixed relatively quickly.

Reactions: bundefeated