Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High powered wireless charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
First time Tesla owner, just picked up a '20 M3LR a couple weeks ago. It has what I believe is a retrofit wireless charger in the center console. My problem is that I have both an OtterBox Commuter (plastic only, not plastic wrapped in rubber) and a Popsocket on my phone, so it won't charge on the pad no matter what I do. Was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket options that would go in the same space but still allow my phone to charge without issues. I've seen the ones offered by Jada but they even say on their site that they don't work with Popsockets. Appreciate any insight anyone has.

Are you even able to charge with another wireless charger like at home? I don’t think wirelessly charging through a pop socket works well if at all. Much less a pop socket on a thick case like an otter box.
Admittedly no. Popsocket used to make a wireless charger specifically to work with their products and it would charge through an OB, but it's been discontinued. Might have to see if I can snag one used and attach it in the car somehow.