Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3/MY RWD Front Cavern Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just putting this out there. But for all of you RWD owners, are you're aware of the large cavern that exists right in front of your feet in your M3?

It's wide open for debris, animals, and who knows what else to get up in there and cause problems. What makes it worse is that none of components have any sort of shielding.

CE0BD134-4718-43D3-87DC-1D61488A5AC8.jpeg

Here's my story. I have a RWD M3 and have been having A/C issues lately. Turns out a rock was kicked up and lodged itself into the radiator fan at the very front of the vehicle causing it to fail. Of course it's not covered by warranty and is costing $500 to replace.

I just think it's ridiculous that tesla did nothing to shield the front components from debri that can be let in because the lack of a front motor. I may put some chicken wire or something in there to keep this from happening again.

Keeping that in mind, I get it. Manufacturing efficiency, etc. But in my opinion, this is a huge design gap that could have been solved for with a $0.05 piece of wire mesh.

So frustrating.