Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got into a weird situation... after parking and locking for groceries, when I came back, the front passenger window was open. This happened a few times, so can't be a miss from me. Has anyone observed this? Any ideas/suggestions ...? Does not happen everytime, but thrice in the last few days

Use the forum search for more information, this topic has been posted several times.

Some people were able to resolve the issue by recalibrating the window (procedure outlined in the owner's manual), some had replaced the stock puddle lights with 3rd party lights that caused an issue with window behavior, and some had a defective window position sensor that Tesla replaced under warranty.

• Helpful
Reactions: vlee
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply...I think I will start with recalibration....that looks easy.
BTW What poodle lights are you talking about..I did not understand

Use the forum search for more information, this topic has been posted several times.

Some people were able to resolve the issue by recalibrating the window (procedure outlined in the owner's manual), some had replaced the stock puddle lights with 3rd party lights that caused an issue with window behavior, and some had a defective window position sensor that Tesla replaced under warranty.

Upvote 0
On the bottom of each door, there is an LED puddle light that illuminates the ground so you dont get out of your car and step in a puddle in the dark. There are 3rd party sellers who sell replacement lights that are either brighter or shine a Tesla logo on the ground. There have been a few reported issues with these lights drawing more current than the stock lights and interfering with the proper operation of the window.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got into a weird situation... after parking and locking for groceries, when I came back, the front passenger window was open. This happened a few times, so can't be a miss from me. Has anyone observed this? Any ideas/suggestions ...? Does not happen everytime, but thrice in the last few days
What was the resolution? I’m having a similar problem.

Upvote 0