Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk strength - how careful do you have to be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have my M3 yet, but I've seen in the manual, and seen it discussed here, how you have to push down in just the right spot on the frunk when closing it as to not damage or crease the hood. Is it really that fragile? I could certainly see my wife not paying particular attention to how she closes it when she has the car, and can't see how a mass market car would really be ok with requiring a particular method to close the hood.

It feels more solid than the frunk on my S did.
I haven’t had any issues, although I roughly follow the guidelines.

Frankly though, I rarely use the frunk. I use it for storage of items I rarely need. The tow hook is in there, I place my first aid kit and such in there.
I just find the trunk far easier and more convenient.

+1 for it feeling more solid than my S. On the S you could feel the metal bow pretty often, even when closing it per the instructions. Never had a crease though.

On the 3 there's little to no bow and it takes less force to get that second latch. Much less scary. I do follow the guidelines in the manual though. I would not carelessly shut it.