Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2018 Model X 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what, you’re right. I’m guilty of this too. My very last post was criticizing the price of someone’s newly posted model 3. We should be lifting each other up and supporting each other, for sure.

But my point of view is as a prospective used Tesla buyer. Prices are just all over the place right now, partially as a result of the recent price drop (soon to be partially reversed, apparently). There’s definitely an advantage in buying from someone who has taken care of their Tesla or only owned it briefly, compared to the used ones from Tesla that are usually recently retired from the demolition derby, or a third party dealer where the facts about the car are rarely clear and the ability to buy an extended warranty from Tesla is nullified.

Still, my mind tends to quickly overlook these cars that are obviously priced many thousands higher than comparable alternatives (this seems to have really hit the model 3s the hardest as the new ones are quite cheap at the moment). I don’t envy the position of anyone who has bought a new Tesla in the last 6 months and needs to quickly unload it for whatever reason to recoup their money.

Maybe I should make it my policy to submit my $0.02 only when it’s a car I’m definitely interested in, and then only by PM.

As frustrating as it is to not see a price posted, I really respect SoCal Jimmy’s recent thread selling his model 3:

‘18 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD White with Premium Black Interior

“In the interest of keeping the thread clean of price discussions and everyone’s .02, I’m open to reasonable offers.”

Reactions: Youraemoo and AWD>