Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Model S 85kwh Black/Tan, 21" gray Performance wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if Tesla would help with shipping (at their cost) since your upgrading to a P? I have some interest but I'm in California.

I will credit $1000 for shipping anywhere in the contiguous US, for any serious buyer ready to go on this. To be honest this sale has got to end, one way or another, in the next day or 2 in order to have the funds ready in time for delivery of the P+. I could hold off on taking delivery, but that's very hard to do:).

I will credit $1000 for shipping anywhere in the contiguous US, for any serious buyer ready to go on this. To be honest this sale has got to end, one way or another, in the next day or 2 in order to have the funds ready in time for delivery of the P+. I could hold off on taking delivery, but that's very hard to do:).

So you are basically at 75k now with the shipping credit. If this car had Pano and the alcantara seat inserts/headliner (both of which I understand were not available on the non-P models at the time your car was made so its hard to fault you for not ordering them) I would already be heading your way with a wire transfer or cashiers check at the ready. As it sits its just not quite compelling enough since a P85 with all of that and the rear spoiler, etc. is available for about $12k more with similar mileage. I think it would take a price closer to the other 85k recently listed on the site to get me motivated to "settle" (not that the car in any form should be considered to be settling since its a beauty!). I also have the same issue you have: I fear buying a 85 and then just hating I did not buy the P or P+. That said, there is a number that I would take that risk at and I am sure others here feel the same. You just need to find the one of us who will pay closest to your number and do it NOW!

@shumdit, which P85 are you referring to? I've only ever seen P85s listed for like $95k and above on ebay, lol. I think someone did post about buying a loaner P85 for $87k somewhere, but did not specify the config/VIN. Anyway, I'm at peace with this price range and honestly don't want to ruin the secondary market for other owners trying to sell in the future...

@shumdit, which P85 are you referring to? I've only ever seen P85s listed for like $95k and above on ebay, lol. I think someone did post about buying a loaner P85 for $87k somewhere, but did not specify the config/VIN. Anyway, I'm at peace with this price range and honestly don't want to ruin the secondary market for other owners trying to sell in the future...

I would rather not say since I do not want someone else stealing my deal on that particular car if you can understand my reasoning. I have not pulled the trigger, but I am close to doing it I think even though its not exactly the car I want in every way. The "asking" price is closer to your 95k number, but there is a LOT of negotiating room. I am actually finding a lot of negotiating room being the case for Teslas lately. It seems there are some hard core Tesla fans, but since this is certainly a niche product at this point there are a lot of spectators who are reluctant to join the game and those who are both willing and financially able to jump in are usually going to pay a little extra to get a brand new car built exactly how they want it equipment and color-wise. The rest are people who would love to own the car, but don't have the resources to buy nearly $100k car. This is why we have so many non-owner members on one of the exotic car forums I frequent. A fan is not necessarily a potential purchaser. What you need is either a price a guy like me can't resist (and 75k sadly isn't quite it for me) or someone who does want pretty much exactly what you are selling and has the money to buy it. I know of a used model that was purchased for under $100k from the original owner that the dealer is now asking $125K for. The market simply won't support that so either he is looking for a fool or he hopes to get a customer who thinks he is getting a deal if he can get $15K off the price, which will still be a ton of profit for the dealer at that significant discount. I think some tesla owners still feel they can play the supply vs. demand card, but realistically there are a ton of cars out there for sale if you count all of the service loaners, etc. and when I called my closest service center today they looked in their system and found 8 "brand new" Teslas that met my non-negotiable options (obviously some things I did not want were on most of them too). There were also a number of in service loaners that would meet my criteria for the most part. The fact that there are extra new cars available today means that supply has caught up with demand for the most part now that the early adopters have gotten their cars. Until the X comes out I doubt there will be a problem getting a car built pretty quickly to order if Tesla does not have one already built and ready to go. I do not know if these brand new cars are just service loaners that have yet to go into service or if they are actually surplus production, but they are built and are ready to buy now. The only reason I have not bought one of those is simply the fact that there are guys taking 10-20k hits on a car they have put hardly any miles on and I don't want to be one of those guys. I want to be the one that buys from one of those guys.

Yes, you are describing what every used car buyer enjoys. So, there's a P85 out there in the $95k range and this. Choices for every budget.

To clarify: There is a P85 out there at 87.5K and this :wink:

There is also a S85 that just went up on ebay yesterday (pretty sure it's the same one that is listed on this forum) for $66k. More miles and less options than yours, but also 10k less so as you mentioned, choices for every budget.
As I said, pricing is more flexible on Teslas than many would be led to believe. I do understand that all owners would love to prop up used values, but it's not possible unless you want to buy every used one that comes on the market and mark them up to artificially inflate the market price for them. Don't beat up the messenger. I love the car and want to buy one yesterday!

Not beating you up either as it's a beautiful car you have. At 70k as she sits I would rather save the difference over that P85 and forgo the missing options you car lacks. I have no doubt someone will buy your car but it may not be at 76K and it may take longer than you would prefer. If I am wrong then all the better since I want used values to stay high too (after I buy mine!)

I would suggest that other posters let the market decide what the value of this vehicle is, or talk to the OP in private. Commenting on his price is not going to help him and I know I wouldn't appreciate it. If he was asking 200k then by all means, ridicule him, but that isn't the case.

I would suggest that other posters let the market decide what the value of this vehicle is, or talk to the OP in private. Commenting on his price is not going to help him and I know I wouldn't appreciate it. If he was asking 200k then by all means, ridicule him, but that isn't the case.

I am not ridiculing him (or her, not sure which). I am having a discussion about the price of the vehicle they are trying to sell. Worst case, I am keeping it at the top of the for sale section for them (never a bad thing). I would say it would be wrong to ridicule someone who wants to ask even that $200K for their car as you suggested. There is a difference between not agreeing with someone else's viewpoint (or price) and ridiculing them. I might ridicule the guy who would pay $200K for it though....

Frankly I am a little offended you would think that was what I was doing. I have complimented the car multiple times. I have made an overture as to what I would offer on the vehicle. I have not told the seller he/she is crazy asking that price, that they bought a car equipped only the way an idiot would choose to, etc. I have explained why I would not personally pay the asking price, but have not said no one will pay their price. They explained that they are under a time crunch, so I offered to help them out with that issue. How am I ridiculing them again?? What did you offer the seller for this car?? Ante up Sub. :wink:

Thanks sub. I had a couple people agree with you in private as well. I think Shumdit is just a passionate buyer in the used market and thinking aloud. Used car buyers will always want to pay as little as possible and used car sellers, especially private sellers, will want to recoup as much of their losses as possible. I would just point out that I've never seen an 85 in this condition sell for lower than this price point (for better or worse), so I believe the price is more than fair. The sale is pending at this point anyway.

Thanks sub. I had a couple people agree with you in private as well. I think Shumdit is just a passionate buyer in the used market and thinking aloud. Used car buyers will always want to pay as little as possible and used car sellers, especially private sellers, will want to recoup as much of their losses as possible. I would just point out that I've never seen an 85 in this condition sell for lower than this price point (for better or worse), so I believe the price is more than fair. The sale is pending at this point anyway.

So let me see if I understand you: Multiple people sent you PM's to discuss my postings? I must be misunderstanding you since that makes no sense.
Glad you seem to have a buyer possibly lined up.