Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD on Used Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So why weren't you upset when the poster that you referenced went off-scope from the original post by Jae001?

My point was a CLARIFICATION to TRWhit (who somehow assumed that this thread was about his issue) that the post was different and that how a car bought from Tesla, a car bought from a dealer (car acquired from Tesla) and a car from a dealer (car acquired from end-user) were different cases.

But seeing that you had to chastise MULTIPLE people, we must all be wrong and you are right? Sorry you must have been having a rough day.

Im not chastising anyone. I was just saying to the person who said "I am going to be upset if FSD is removed from my vehicle" that they had nothing to worry about. Not sure where you are getting anything other than that from, and no my day is fine. Perhaps yours isnt?

I just picked up a used 2020 Model 3 with FSD from a third party dealership. I entered my paperwork to add the car to my Tesla account and did a factory reset right after it was added. After a few minutes of driving, it seemed like the calibration and reset was finished. However, I noticed the next morning that the FSD package was gone. I didn't think a factory reset would get rid of the FSD package. Now it only says that Autopilot is included and it gives me the option to get a subscription to FSD, which was not an option before my reset. Does anyone have any experience with this? How do I get FSD back??

Are you sure the previous owner purchased the FSD option rather than subscribed? If the dealer advertised the car with FSD and you didn’t get it, you’ll need to work it out with them. A reset shouldn’t remove the FSD option package unless it was a subscription.