Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Package vs AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered the Cybertruck single motor, with the FSD package. In retrospect, I'm considering removing the 7500 self-driving option and opting for the dual motor, which would be roughly the same price.

It's a tough decision. I'd love the wow factor of the self driving and summons, but I feel it's a bit of a gamble because who knows just how good the features will be by then. The single motor will be slower (I don't really care much about the towing, however; I'm more interested in using it as an affordable family SUV), and the RWD will obviously be not as good in the snow. But also, I want the truck sooner rather than later so that favors the RWD decision.

Also, the 50 extra mile range is nothing to sneeze at.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

I've ordered the Cybertruck single motor, with the FSD package. In retrospect, I'm considering removing the 7500 self-driving option and opting for the dual motor, which would be roughly the same price.

It's a tough decision. I'd love the wow factor of the self driving and summons, but I feel it's a bit of a gamble because who knows just how good the features will be by then. The single motor will be slower (I don't really care much about the towing, however; I'm more interested in using it as an affordable family SUV), and the RWD will obviously be not as good in the snow. But also, I want the truck sooner rather than later so that favors the RWD decision.

Also, the 50 extra mile range is nothing to sneeze at.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

The Cybertruck is still 2 years away. By then FSD should be way better than what we have now.

But it really depends on your driving. What benefits you the most? Having more range and more power or having the ability of the truck to "self-drive".

If you are going to use it as an actual truck, i.e. in muddy building sites, farms, etc, or if you get proper winters where you live... then AWD makes more sense.

Otherwise, get FSD.

I actually have the same question. Live in Eastern Maryland, unsure of whether I want the RWD with FSD, or just AWD without. Even the RWD + FSD is still $3K less then the AWD without FSD. Thoughts? I want to make sure I am making the right decision, the payments on AWD+FSD would be insane, let alone AWD without FSD. Any guidance or thoughts would be awesome.