Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 'Phoenix' 4D Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ordered a MSM, LR, hitch, with FSD, 20" wheels which is scheduled for delivery in December. It was supposed to be an April delivery but was pushed forward to December for Covid related work concerns.

I know if you wait for every update you read about to occur you will never get your car--as the changes are continuous. That being said, the 'Phoenix' 4D radar update seems to potentially be a game changer for FSD and by my limited reading would require some new sensors to be mounted on the car.

I don't want to wait another 6 months for this to occur but I would wait another month or two. I live 3 hours from the nearest SC and I really don't want to drive 3 hours and wait for a post delivery modification to occur if possible.

Anyone know more about this?

Previously, if you bought fsd hardware upgrades where included. No sure about the new sensors... personally, i wouldn’t wait since you never know when they upgrades are going to happen, and by the time these sensors are installed there are likely gonna be 5D upgrades right around the corner.