Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD pricing confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you talking about, I can’t wait to start making thousands of dollars by the end of the year. I don’t have any reason to not trust Elon, not like he has ever been wrong

There are videos all over the Internet that give a good sense of the current functionality and limitations, as well as improvements that are taking place. People can see and judge for themselves.

I have a call out to my insurance company but does anyone have experience with coverage for FSD in case a car is totaled? And to confirm FSD transfers with the vehicle so adds resale value? I wish it transferred with the owner, i.e. If I buy a software license, I can reinstall a program if I get a new laptop :(

I had tried out and canceled EAP because I was new to the MY and didn't really have enough time to fully evaluate. I'm embarrassed to admit I now have FOMO and considering FSD before the pricing goes up.

I have a call out to my insurance company but does anyone have experience with coverage for FSD in case a car is totaled? And to confirm FSD transfers with the vehicle so adds resale value? I wish it transferred with the owner, i.e. If I buy a software license, I can reinstall a program if I get a new laptop :(

I had tried out and canceled EAP because I was new to the MY and didn't really have enough time to fully evaluate. I'm embarrassed to admit I now have FOMO and considering FSD before the pricing goes up.

I recently called my insurance company (AAA) to ask about how post-purchase software upgrades (I specifically cited FSD) would be insured. The answer I got was for me to keep all the purchase invoices; with the receipts, they indicated that there would be no further action needed on my part and that the cost of the software upgrades would be covered. The only information they asked for when insuring my Model Y was the VIN.

I think insurance companies are still in the dinosaur age and ill equipped to even comprehend software upgrades of monetary value to cars.

I recently called my insurance company (AAA) to ask about how post-purchase software upgrades (I specifically cited FSD) would be insured. The answer I got was for me to keep all the purchase invoices; with the receipts, they indicated that there would be no further action needed on my part and that the cost of the software upgrades would be covered. The only information they asked for when insuring my Model Y was the VIN.

I think insurance companies are still in the dinosaur age and ill equipped to even comprehend software upgrades of monetary value to cars.

I have NJM and recently added FSD to my car. I called them and they asked the new current value of my car and I told them. They upped the vehicles value and also asked me to keep receipts but weren’t requiring me to send them anything now. It cost me $63 extra for the year. I was happy enough. I also have GAP insurance as well. That cost me an additional $50.