Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price drop for my MY22 Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
I noticed Tesla just dropped the price on FSD. It was 18,200 or 19,200 a few weeks ago when I checked. Now it’s C$16k. Now considering it doesn’t work on my car atm, I was wondering if I got the enhanced what the price would be to upgrade to FSD when available? I’m just speculating, but wondering if I should wait for the full package or do an incremental upgrade?

I do miss lane change on autopilot and parking and summon mode were a bit of fun on my older Tesla. Only better on this new one with Smart Summon!

IMG_7398.jpeg

Adding FSD after purchasing EAP should only cost the difference in price between them. However, depending on how long you plan to keep the car, you might be better off buying EAP and subscribing to FSD when you want it. That’s what I did for my new Model S.
EAP honestly seems to have everything anyone would want from autopilot on highways. FSD is for those who wants to add city steering which I realized that am not a fan of after trying it during my 3-months trial. Just too much drama.

Reactions: johnny_cakes
EAP honestly seems to have everything anyone would want from autopilot on highways. FSD is for those who wants to add city steering which I realized that am not a fan of after trying it during my 3-months trial. Just too much drama.
Absolutely. The only thing “regular” FSD adds to EAP is Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control, which you’re not going to use on most highways. Paying extra for FSD only makes sense if you want to use FSD Beta.

Absolutely. The only thing “regular” FSD adds to EAP is Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control, which you’re not going to use on most highways. Paying extra for FSD only makes sense if you want to use FSD Beta.
By the way can you help me understand the different between EAP and FSD (non-beta) on highway as of right now? From my understanding they are exactly the same on highways. Also, standard AP on highways, I assumes, does same exact thing beside not taking exits or auto lane changes; is that right? If so, then even standard AP is perfectly fine on highways (I would just do lane changes myself then and take exits!).

Adding FSD after purchasing EAP should only cost the difference in price between them. However, depending on how long you plan to keep the car, you might be better off buying EAP and subscribing to FSD when you want it. That’s what I did for my new Model S.
Yeah, the difference is now showing $6k USD for em to upgrade from EAP to FSD but still $100/month. I’d still rather subscribe as I could get 60 months of subscription or so instead of buying it outright.

By the way can you help me understand the different between EAP and FSD (non-beta) on highway as of right now? From my understanding they are exactly the same on highways. Also, standard AP on highways, I assumes, does same exact thing beside not taking exits or auto lane changes; is that right? If so, then even standard AP is perfectly fine on highways (I would just do lane changes myself then and take exits!).
No difference between EAP and non-Beta FSD on the highway. Standard AP doesn‘t include Navigate on AP or Auto Lane Change, so Autosteer just keeps you in the same lane — you have to make any lane changes manually. I can live without Navigate on AP, but I do miss Auto Lane Change when I drive a Tesla without it.

Reactions: easyev
No difference between EAP and non-Beta FSD on the highway. Standard AP doesn‘t include Navigate on AP or Auto Lane Change, so Autosteer just keeps you in the same lane — you have to make any lane changes manually. I can live without Navigate on AP, but I do miss Auto Lane Change when I drive a Tesla without it.
Does Auto Lane Change switch to faster moving lanes automatically, or does it do what my old Tesla did and that is when I signal it changes lanes. Or both? 😃

I tried them both,, FSD & EAP and in NYC METRO is absolutely useless,. I couldn't justify spending so much for something that doesn't work.

Plus, at the rate Tesla is going I wouldn't be surprised to see the FSD INCLUDED in the price of the car in a couple of years....

Reactions: easyev