Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD purchase in NZ using US credit card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I am trying to purchase FSD for my Model 3 in New Zealand. I am having a nightmare trying to use my US Visa card for this kiwi purchase. How is it I can order a Big Mac from MacDonalds or food from KFC here in New Zealand and pay for it with a US Visa card, yet Tesla seems unable to execute on this relatively simply transaction. Amazon can list purchases in NZD and accept my US Visa card with no issues what so ever.

Looking for suggestions.

Cheers

-mike

Likely because, in case of fraud, a big mac or food from kfc is <$20 and your car is >45 to 50K. No one should really expect a 50k credit card purchase to execute the same way as a $10 one, especially when they are out of state.

Have you contacted your credit card company, and gone through their "large purchases" work flow? If not, start there.

Likely because, in case of fraud, a big mac or food from kfc is <$20 and your car is >45 to 50K. No one should really expect a 50k credit card purchase to execute the same way as a $10 one, especially when they are out of state.

Have you contacted your credit card company, and gone through their "large purchases" work flow? If not, start there.
Actually the purchase is for FSD (11,400 NZD) not 50k on a registered M3 in my name. The chance of fraud in this case is slim to none ....
Yes I contacted the CC company, they have auth the purchase, however the Tesla app and adding the US CC info is the issue.