Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD Purchased November 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m pretty sure there are gray RwD w black interior here for $35.090 right now, and white interior ones for $35,990. I’m not sure of the exact numbers, but I’m pretty sure they are $4000 off list and $1200 less that we paid just a few weeks ago ($2800 off list).

Being the end of the year with the federal incentive ready to drop, it seems like the best time ever to buy.
I nabbed one, $35,090 before- fed and NYS of -$9500. Therefore with the Tesla discount we received $12,500 off.
wow
And we got 10K points, 6 months free SC.
Not sure about free 3 months of FSD.

I think the 3 months FSD is for new buyers and the 10k points is for existing owners. But you can redeem the 10k for 3 months FSD.
I played with FSD, but am all done with it now. It seems to use more energy than manual driving, and while it’s fun to watch what it will do, it’s not really more relaxing than just driving.

We have now lost our premium connectivity, and I can get music on Pandora or another app on my phone and control it from the car screen, but I think the music selection and control was better with the premium connectivity. I’m not sure there is anything else apparent that we’ve really lost. Perhaps updates will be a little harder, but I did install wifi in the garage and am working towards getting a parking space in the garage for the car. Today? Maybe, but probably not really.

First week with the RWD while living in a complex with outdoor, unassigned parking and commuting 5x/week to an office that shares parking with a mall. I had Sentry mode on at both locations but it’s become apparent that it’s unreasonable as it’s ~22 hours/percent of use a day.Game plan is to use sentry mode only at work and trust my fellow neighbors. Will continue to park at the furthest edge spot to make my chances better LOL. Yes, after some time I’m sure I’ll stop caring/worrying about door dings.

As far as accessories.. Love the TuxMat floor mats! Look and material looks super sophisticated and polished. I think I’ll go with the Spigen storage accessories as they’re not much more expensive than the drop-shipped Chinese brands.

First week with the RWD while living in a complex with outdoor, unassigned parking and commuting 5x/week to an office that shares parking with a mall. I had Sentry mode on at both locations but it’s become apparent that it’s unreasonable as it’s ~22 hours/percent of use a day.Game plan is to use sentry mode only at work and trust my fellow neighbors. Will continue to park at the furthest edge spot to make my chances better LOL. Yes, after some time I’m sure I’ll stop caring/worrying about door dings.

As far as accessories.. Love the TuxMat floor mats! Look and material looks super sophisticated and polished. I think I’ll go with the Spigen storage accessories as they’re not much more expensive than the drop-shipped Chinese brands.
Hate rhe drop ship, forever wait

Drove about 110 miles from home and figured we would have plenty left of the 271 mile range to find a supercharger on our way home today. I didn’t anticipate range being down to ~75 miles and will need to find one pretty quickly on our way home.

Navigating to the ones that I found in the city ended up being parking garages. I would like to find those open outdoor ones like are at the Wawa. I guess looking for only 150 and 250 stations will be the way to go. I guess getting back home from NYC might be an adventure after all.

When do you start to have range anxiety?

Getting the charging knowledge down now. Determining most efficient charge rate 2023 M3 RWD LFP

Still looking at highland threads and seeing how cool they are. Tempted to reply there, but since I don’t want to make those threads about me, I will write here instead of here: 24 Model 3 SR "Highland" review from an enthusiast's POV

Every buyer is different. Some qualify for federal incentives. Some don’t (whether bc they already took one, or just don’t qualify). Some live in states that offer incentives too. I’m one of those lucky ones. I took a few years to buy and knew my window was closing. Tesla have more notice that the model 3 window was closing. Had the incentive not been there, I would not have bought a new car, and certainly not a pure EV, as I understand we could have been more “green” with a more complicated PHEV bc it has a smaller battery, which is all we’d need for 95+% of our driving which is less than 30 miles per day. The incentives encouraged me to buy a simpler, faster, less environmentally green (in the short run), but also the cheapest EV I could buy (that my wife would accept). She said “hell no” to the Chevy Bolt, but was leaning towards the model Y for the few extra inches of height. An apparent decider was when my son went with her to test drive a 3 and Y back to back and thinking the 3 was smoother. Thank goodness! My son clearly thought the 3 looked better like I do. And I really loved that it’s cheaper and more efficient. A highland would have been even better, but the lack of stalks might have been a deal breaker for my wife. BC it wasn’t available when our window was expiring, it wasn’t an issue. Sure, I’d love to have the latest and greatest, but for my scenario, total no-Brainer.

Everyone needs to do their own math and make decisions based on what is best for them. Fortunately Tesla (and other auto makers) seem to offer a lot of flexibility. I do really like the model 3 and choose to drive it every chance I get. It saves miles on my ICE vehicles as a result. It makes me want to replace my truck with one, but that will be years down the road as I’m not extending the life of my truck and other vehicles.