Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD v12.3.3 - Single vs Double Pull option for stalk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When a previous update gave us the Single Pull vs Double Pull options, I left the settings alone so I could use Single Pull for cruise control and double pull to add lane keep.

FSD v12.3.3 was installed and my car was automatically set to use it. I get that they want to encourage people to use FSD, but I’m not a fan of changing my personal preferences without telling me and without my permission. W/e I can change it back.

My bigger issue is that the pull options are not configurable with FSD selected.

I want to have single pull activate cruise control only - no lane keeping or anything “fancy.” Then double pull can activate FSD. I just can’t do that with the options available.

I already have my reservations about using FSD. I’ve used it once since the update was installed and it failed so many times in a short distance that I gave up trying it out. By locking down this option and making me have to dig through the menu to either use AutoPilot or FSD, Tesla is further discouraging my use of FSD. I don’t want to dig through the menu. I want to use the stalk. And I mostly just want cruise control, so AutoPilot it is for me I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_3338.jpeg
    IMG_3338.jpeg
    494.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3339.jpeg
    IMG_3339.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 11
Assuming you got FSD as a free trial, you can change the setting on your first screenshot back to Autosteer, then everything will work as before. Some people who want to use FSD sometimes, but not always, will create a different driver profile with FSD enabled, and then switch between those profiles.

It’s not a trial. I “own” FSD. The point of my complaint is that I shouldn’t have to go into the menu and switch profiles. I should be able to configure the stalk so that I can easily set it up to behave the way I want and how it works when I use the AutoSteer profile. Locking me into a preset that I cannot change discourages me from further experimenting with FSD.

Reactions: jhneuerburg
I’m having this same issue, I really do enjoy the FSD Supervised free trial, but I would like to have my option back where I only need “cruise” control in a single pull of the stalk, looks like there’s no way, I am going to try to create a new driver “profile” but this sucks, wonder why it won’t let me set it to have “FSD Supervised” with a double stalk pull, and cruise to a single stalk pull

It’s not a trial. I “own” FSD. The point of my complaint is that I shouldn’t have to go into the menu and switch profiles. I should be able to configure the stalk so that I can easily set it up to behave the way I want and how it works when I use the AutoSteer profile. Locking me into a preset that I cannot change discourages me from further experimenting with FSD.
I totally agree. It is a real PITA!