Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Video Record Button Use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any instructions on using the subject button to send and Autopilot Snapshot? What clip is sent to the engineering team? How does it indicate the reason it was sent?
Have you checked the email? Instructions are:

How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (
    1635185113037.png
    ) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Upvote 0
Not an answer to your questions, but after a few “interesting” moves by 10.3.1 which were button-press worthy, I sent the FSDBeta team an email to ask if they were interested in additional written blab about the circumstances or were they good with letting the clip content do the talking. Just got a canned automated reply so I’m guessing the latter.

Reactions: Ramphex
Upvote 0
From the videos I've watched of the OG FSD Beta testers, they push the video button when FSD does something incorrectly. They don't press the video button for small things like 'car turned on turn signal when not necessary'. It's for things like it tried to enter a 4-way stop when a car was already driving through the intersection.

I just got FSD Beta on Sunday (10.3.1) so only used it for 2 of the last 3 days and I've pressed the video button when it's done something quite wrong. I have to say, in the Boston / Cambridge / Somerville area, it's doing better than I expected given our crazy roads!

As for what gets sent, who knows, but my guess is: a short 1-2 min video of before and after the button press, telemetry data before and after button press (brake applied - yes/no/percent, front wheel turned x degrees, etc.).

Upvote 0
Anyone else find that it's hard to hit that button, while supervising the car and managing any fallout from whatever was done wrong? It would be cool if I could like triple press the left button or something to trigger it.
Possible someone can comment, but I press it after the event when I’m back under full control. I’m not sure how time sensitive the button push has to be.

Upvote 0
Anyone else find that it's hard to hit that button, while supervising the car and managing any fallout from whatever was done wrong? It would be cool if I could like triple press the left button or something to trigger it.

I agree. I keep tapping the profile when I'm reaching over to quickly press the video button.
I sent an e-mail to the beta team last week asking them make it a large button, and move it next to the speed limit vs on the map. I never heard back.

Upvote 0
I agree. I keep tapping the profile when I'm reaching over to quickly press the video button.
I sent an e-mail to the beta team last week asking them make it a large button, and move it next to the speed limit vs on the map. I never heard back.
Ditto with the microscopic button frustration. As for our feedback, I suspect they won’t respond to any of us directly, under the advice of the corporate legal team. It’s probably still good to send it for those things not so obvious … unlike the near-death video clips.

Upvote 0
Possible someone can comment, but I press it after the event when I’m back under full control. I’m not sure how time sensitive the button push has to be.
I agree with jf2g0 - Until we all develop muscle memory, I think it would be MUCH SAFER if I could activate voice control and say "snapshot." That way I don't have to take my eyes of whatever crisis recovery mode I an in. How can we get enhancements requests to Tesla?

Upvote 0
Have you checked the email? Instructions are:

How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (View attachment 725608) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.
What email are you talking about and where can I find it . Just got FSD beta today 10.69.2.2

Ernie

Upvote 0